Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Orks and Psycher Battle Squad

2 posters

Go down

Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Empty Orks and Psycher Battle Squad

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-10-03, 21:22

Alright guys, while planning my list, I stumbled on a rule issue, one of the grey areas. Warseer can't solve it and apparently it's been discussed and discussed around forums without an answer. I guess it'll be better to decide by ourselves here and put it to a vote for the club before we stumble on it during a game.

The question is: Does a Psycher Battle Squad reduces the leadership for a mob of orks with the mob rule ?

The rules are.
"Mob rule: Ork psychology and morale is directly linked to the number of Boyz around them at any given time. An ork woth a trukkload of his mates backing him up is a good sight more confident than one with his half-wit mate Zog at his heels! Because of this, Orks mobs may always choose to substitute the number of Orks in their mob for their normal Leadership value. If an Ork mob numbers 11 of more models, it has the Fearless special rule."

"Weaken resolve: The psychers reach out with their minds, evoking irrational terror in the minds of their foes. The power is used during the Psycher Battle Squad shooting phase. Choose one ennemy unit within 36" and line of sight of the Psycher Battle Squad. For the remainder of the turn, the ennemy unit's Leadership is reduced by the number of Sanctioned Psychers in the unit utilising the power (to a minimum of 2)."

I'm saying it works, as whatever Leardership value the ork chooses to use, it's says it still is a Leadership value (so it can be use on the "mob rule LD"). And as the power "reduces" the value for the turn, I don't have to say "it's the normal value that is reduced to 2" (or "it's the mob rule used as leadership that is reduced"), I can just keep in mind:"it reduces the Ld value by...". So whichever the ork will choose, that will be reduced.

Hope I'm making sense here, I could rephrase it if needed.

Have a look through your codices and rule book and give your point of view.

Thanks.

Edit: please note I am talking about the LEADERSHIP VALUE; in my point of view the Orks are still Fearless, if they have more than 10 guys, as it does says it differently, going round the Ld value: "If 11 or more... it has the fearless special rule". But here again, I am talking about the Ld value (it does matters for weapons that attack the Ld value).
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU
LVL 6 Augmented Cyber Goblin

EXP : 5990

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:
Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Empty Re: Orks and Psycher Battle Squad

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-10-03, 21:43

Good link
Good answer to your question

I think if the mob is 11 units or over then it doen not effect the unit as they are fearless.

Though if the unit is 10 Orks or under then it is fair game as it is a leadership score they choose and that can be effected by your psychic power rule Smile

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6454

Character sheet
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Race: Gwarl
HP:
Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

http://warbunka.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-10-03, 22:00

Actually, thanks, this gives me my answer: the power works, whatever Ld is used (mob rule or normal Ld).

I've said I'm talking about the Ld value (against weapons for example), not the moral test where the orks with more than 10 guys ARE Fearless.

So using a PBS that uses the power against a unit that has more than 10 will NOT force a Leadership test (there Fearless, they don't roll for one)

However, this unit will be affected by the weapons that go against the Leadership and will use the lowered value.

Do we agree there ?
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

Character sheet
HP:
Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-10-04, 20:07

I believe you are right, even though I am an Ork player.

Be looking forward to seeing your army list Smile

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Orks and Psycher Battle Squad Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-10-04, 20:11

Just bring 2k of "ready-to-die-orks" and I'll show you Twisted Evil

Edit: alright, I don't wanna be a bastard, that was designed for poor Russel. Callidus Assassin can deploy nearly like Marbo, except he can also move, and charge... Well his flamer template (yep it ignores cover saves) is AP2 (yep is therefore ignores all of your saves), is St8 against Leadership... If the Leadership is lowered to 4 or under (thanks to my Psycher Battle Squad, Ld -9), well it's instant kill... Which also means you can't even use Fell No Pain... A whole unit of Ork Bikers killed on a 2+, just when we thought Marbo was nasty... Twisted Evil
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-10-05, 19:35

LOL that is Scary!!!

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down