Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th

2 posters

Go down

40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th Empty 40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th

Post  BDA 2014-11-28, 13:30

Ok Frank had the idea of a little avatar bash before the campaign started proper and I have been thinking how to do this.

My first plan was to have it with just the avatars in two teams, anarchy vs order so Orks, nids and chaos vs the imperial, tau and Eldar, but I have a feeling that the order side will be somewhat outnumbered not to mention the anarchy team can have some truly nasty combinations such as flying hive tyrants with twin devowers, ork war bosses in power armour and with a claw or a daemon price.

So my next idea was to have it as a knockout sort of game with avatars going up against one another but this seemed rather pointless as the flaying monstrous creatures would have a massive advantages and again the flying hive tyrants would have a 99% change of winning hands down as next to no other characters can really compete with it.

So I have come up a knock out game on a 4x4 table where everyone gets :-
400 points (minus the points for their avatar) to spend on any one troop, elite or fast attack unit from that avatars codex to accompany their commander and help him out, this should even the playing field somewhat.

So for example I would have 295 points left to spend on my unit after I took away the 105 points my avatar cost.

Yes you can take a dedicated transport for the unit if you have the option to.
so in the case above I could have my farseer accompanied by a squad of avengers in a wave serpent as they are from the troop section and the wave serpent is a dedicated transport.

No your avatar does not need to stay attached to the unit.

The mission is simple

Kill the other avatar,

You get 1 vp for killing the avatar

You get 1 bonus vp if your avatar delivered the killing blow

You get another 1 vp if your avatar delivered all wounds that killed the other avatar.

If your avatar is killed then  you are knocked out of the running.

The player with the most points wins .

see if we can run thi son the 16th so we all gets our avatars sorted in time.

note this is for fun and bragging rights only and will not influence the campaign map in any way. And in the highly likely event that your avatar dies then don’t worry cos that does not count either for the campaign and you can still use them. though feel free to get your own back on them during the campaign if you want .

any suggestions are welcome Smile

BDA
BDA
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 5915

Back to top Go down

40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th Empty Re: 40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th

Post  Giraffe 2014-11-28, 15:08

Yeah, how about a rule that an avatar or his squad can hit another avatar regardless of the normal chances of this, on a successful hit, IF a FURTHER d6 roll is made, likein Necromunda.
Otherwise there's a chance some Avatars might be unable (or at least most unlikely) to hurt others..
perhaps there could be trick or treat objectives, which either give boons or curses?

each avatar has a special Christmas objective (deliver present to other avatar, eat a reindeer, stuff a turkey) with rules for measuring achievement of the objective?

maybe smaller points cost avatars could duplicate themselves for the contest? So say a 400 point hive tyrant would face 4 x 100 point orc warbosses, or 5 80 point Smurf leader type things

spot the guy who doesn't know 40k...
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6446

Character sheet
Class: Ceiling Polisher
Race: Giraffe-Badger Hybrid
HP:
40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th Left_bar_bleue10000/1000040k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

http://www.thrudball.com

Back to top Go down

40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th Empty Re: 40k campaign avatar knockout to be held on dec 16th

Post  BDA 2014-11-28, 15:11

I will take that under advisement Frank lol Smile

Maybe I should give a game before Christmas to help you know the game  Smile
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-12-05, 13:05

as there is no club till the 23rd i thnk i will call this off, sorry chaps
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down