Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest Email - Clarification

2 posters

Go down

Latest Email - Clarification Empty Latest Email - Clarification

Post  Giraffe 2011-01-17, 18:07

Guys,
On 14/1 I sent out the email below to all of you that I had emails for.

I'd just like to clarify I'm not proposing people HAVE to play kids at our club, we're simply trying to help the Gaming arm of the Youth Wing with a venue, share resources, etc.

I also apologise if any of you took offence to my attempt at humour in the email, I'm actually trying to get a response from a few of the guys who we've not seen in a couple of months, not the regulars.

I'm only trying to make BRGA a success the best way I know how, which is to try to look into new ways of developing the club...

If I don't do this, we'll fold soon enough...

And you've no idea how hard it was to get the funding to open the club in the first place.

So please excuse me if I upset any of you, I mean well...

for those of you who didn't get the email, and have no idea what I'm on about, here it is below:
______________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to check you were all still alive, it's been way too quiet at the club the last fortnight...Haven't seen some of you in AGES...

Youths
I've spoken to Richard Billingshurst again regarding expanding our evening to accomodate the 12-17 years youths from the local youth club. He is still working on getting another CRB for his club, as two are required,after which he can start recruiting.

If there is any amongst you who might be interested in helping Richard, and could guarantee being available from 6PM - 9PM Tuesdays to help run BRGA's "Small Fries" (?) section of the club, please could you email me back and I'll put you forward.

40k Tournament
I'm also hoping to recruit a team of 3-4 40k players interested in organising a 40k tourney in the next 16-20 weeks. Steve Smith has suggested he might be able to source additional chipboard for battleboards if required, but he and Steve Homer were also going to try and scrounge from GW stores, as apparently they usually have a spring clean and throw stuff out.

Again, if you are interested in making this possible, please email me back and I'll try to arrange a meeting.

Website Updates
I've set myself a deadline of 31/1/11 for trying to review and update both the BRGA and Thrudball websites, and would appreciate your comments on what is needed / not needed. Elvis has more skills in this area than I do, and I've given him free reign to suggest tweaks to the BRGA site, provided he checks with me first.

Please could you all take a few moments to check it out and give me any suggestions you may have.

I think:

• less would be more on the menu options.

• the forum should have it's own menu button, as it's used by us more than the website at present.

• We need a calendar option, so people can check what's on and when.

• I'd like to have a "changing" picture on the Home page that kind of fades from one image to another like a digital picture frame does, but it's beyond my expertise, I'm hoping Elvis has the skills / code to accomodate this idea...

Fees
Had an interesting discussion with Mike Jupp on tuesday: he's been pushing the committee to agree not to charge us unless we make a profit, but some on the committee won't go for it. I am wondering if they would agree instead to either:

• accept whatever we raised if if was below our hall fee, so at least we never made a loss (like the last 2 weeks);

or

• to accept a percentage of whatever we take, on the same logic.

Next committee meeting is 9/2 I think, so if you have any other ideas or questions for them, let me know by end jan latest.

Bloodbowl Division 1 Round 1 Results?
A gentle reminder for Steve H, Brent, Sam and Tony....

Your December Bloodbowl Match Results from Round one is still not filled out.

PLEASE can you do this ASAP so we can lock the round down, and progress to round 2, running 18/1-1/2...

Any problems text me (07896) 319683 and Garry Deacons and/or I can assist......

I heard one of Steves Catchers scored 3TDs then got killed...gutted!

Hope to see you all soon!

Thrudtastic!

Frank

Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6445

Character sheet
Class: Ceiling Polisher
Race: Giraffe-Badger Hybrid
HP:
Latest Email - Clarification Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Latest Email - Clarification Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

http://www.thrudball.com

Back to top Go down

Latest Email - Clarification Empty Re: Latest Email - Clarification

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2011-01-17, 19:16

If you or Elvis need help with the website then I can help, I'm quite knowledgeable in HTML & CSS.

I have some knowledge in PHP and JavaScript also.

(My girlfreind is also doing a degree in web design, Sql databases and programming so if you ask her nicely Frank she may help, she would charge me lol)

The kids club I did have a CRB check 8-9 months ago, but I can't guarantee to be there for 6.

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6492

Character sheet
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Race: Gwarl
HP:
Latest Email - Clarification Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Latest Email - Clarification Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

http://warbunka.com

Back to top Go down