Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tournament format: which should we go with?

+2
Orc4life
gonetoground
6 posters

Go down

Which format would you like to see for the Tag tournament

Tournament format: which should we go with? Vote_lcap83%Tournament format: which should we go with? Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
Tournament format: which should we go with? Vote_lcap17%Tournament format: which should we go with? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty Tournament format: which should we go with?

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-04, 01:44

Hi all,
I have been giving the format of the tournament some thought, if we go with a 'play each team once' approach it will entail approx 90 games needing to be played (working on a guesstimate of 10 teams) which is fine if you want a league approach to it, which might work better for the purposes of organising games, and people not being able to make some sessions.

Or we could go with a world cup style involving groups, quarter and semi finals-which might of course mean that you are knocked out early england style.

so in the spirit of fairness I will put it to the vote

Last edited by gonetoground on 2010-07-04, 01:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

EXP : 5539

Character sheet
Class: Farseer/warlock/Badger
Race: half-eldar
HP:
Tournament format: which should we go with? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

http://wraithsightminis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty Re: Tournament format: which should we go with?

Post  Orc4life 2010-07-04, 10:55

hmm league sounds pretty good that would mean if a team cant make it that game can be reshelduled which would be good tongue
Orc4life
Orc4life
LVL 1 Geek Halfling
LVL 1 Geek Halfling

EXP : 5187

Character sheet
Class: Whiny bitch
Race: Human/Ork/Munter
HP:
Tournament format: which should we go with? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty Re: Tournament format: which should we go with?

Post  IASGATG 2010-07-04, 14:50

If there are 10 teams playing, it's 45 games. A plays B. B doesn't then play A.
IASGATG
IASGATG
LVL 3 Dragon Curry Afterburn

EXP : 5509

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

http://www.catpictures.co/

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-07-04, 16:25

I liked the sound of the knock out tourney and voted for it... but I jst realised I am not very good at 40k and so think the league may be a better idea... Tournament format: which should we go with? Icon_biggrin

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6483

Character sheet
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Race: Gwarl
HP:
Tournament format: which should we go with? Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

http://warbunka.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-04, 17:09

IASGATG wrote:If there are 10 teams playing, it's 45 games. A plays B. B doesn't then play A.

Indeed, maths never was my strong point Embarassed
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenton 2010-07-04, 23:03

Well since most of us are still getting used to our armys a league would be best for all, my curiosity is how many game are we gonna play cos if there are 9 pairs your only playing 8games obviously exluding your team when adding do you want us to play each other more than once?
Brenton
Brenton
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 5075

Character sheet
Class: Alchemist
Race: Human / Sub-Human
HP:
Tournament format: which should we go with? Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty IDEAS for tournament/ league

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-10, 09:46

I think we need to decide if this should in fact be a league-whereby people play games (in teams or alone) and recieve points on a win/loss/draw basis that could create a leaderboard, with say prizes at the end of the year. The reason I am saying this is that this will much easily accomadate for those 'turn up and play' scenarios-but will also have the benefit of making every game count. This turns this into much more of a long term aim, that is more for the kudos of the club. Plus who could resist the chance to win the accolade of club champion!!

As far as a pure doubles tourney is concerned, having spoken to Frank I feel that this might be better acomplished alongside a pre-prepared day wherby we hire the hall (or another venue) and play all the games we need to in that tourney on that day. This could be a sponsored event that could raise money for charity (or indeed the club itself) and would have the benefit of raising the clubs profile and is good PR. It must be said that I feel our current resources (ie boards/scenery) prohibit us from all but the smallest tournament (in house).

With that in mind I was thinking of organising an apocalypse (or planetstrike) game along the same lines for charity-which I feel we could achieve..........

please let me know what you think of this. We can open it up to discussion on tuesday.

Steve H
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  IASGATG 2010-07-10, 14:28

Would the league table also be doubles, or would that be single player's facing off?
IASGATG
IASGATG

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-10, 16:33

I think that gmaes could still be played in a doubles format, registering a win/loss/draw for each of the players concerned. It would also mean that there would be no need for any restrictions over the army list other than the normal force oganisation chart, which as some people might have say more HS than their partner would require the 4 players to work out their army lists before hand. This would avoid teams turning up with 5 HS choices for example. Essentially this would mean as far as the league is concerned we could continue playing pick up games on the night, or organise a game before the day. Much as we have been doing.

The only caveat I would think needs to be placed upon it is that the games that contribute to your league points must be played IN the club.

We can then look to more themed tournaments
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  IASGATG 2010-07-10, 16:37

So to clarify, we can play 1v1's and 2v2's and the win/draw/loss points are given to each player. So if a player plays a 1v1 and wins, getting 3 points, they would also get 3 points if they played a 2v2 and were on the winning side?

Also, in the 2v2's, is the rule of needing only one HQ and one troop choice before being able to field FA, Elite and HS still in effect, as a means of filling the organisation chart, just like how we original spoke?
IASGATG
IASGATG

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-10, 16:43

IASGATG wrote:So to clarify, we can play 1v1's and 2v2's and the win/draw/loss points are given to each player. So if a player plays a 1v1 and wins, getting 3 points, they would also get 3 points if they played a 2v2 and were on the winning side?

Also, in the 2v2's, is the rule of needing only one HQ and one troop choice before being able to field FA, Elite and HS still in effect, as a means of filling the organisation chart, just like how we original spoke?

correct on both counts, hows that sound to you?
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  IASGATG 2010-07-10, 16:44

Sounds fine, just need to make a thread for the league table and we technically could start on this coming Tuesday?

I thought that there might be a problem in that ye who plays most games wins, but if we're still only playing each other once, be it in a 1v1 or 2v2 format, then I'm just being an idiot.
IASGATG
IASGATG

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-10, 16:47

IASGATG wrote:Sounds fine, just need to make a thread for the league table and we technically could start on this coming Tuesday?

Certainly could. I will ask Charlie to add an area on the forum for this. I could also have a spreadsheet leader board that I can update monthly and post in the venue somewhere.

If others agree I say we start on tuesday
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Orc4life 2010-07-11, 00:08

although little bit confused with most of what has just come to pass i think tuesday sounds good to me be 1v1 or 2v2 Cool
Orc4life
Orc4life
LVL 1 Geek Halfling
LVL 1 Geek Halfling

EXP : 5187

Character sheet
Class: Whiny bitch
Race: Human/Ork/Munter
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-11, 11:15

IASGATG wrote: I thought that there might be a problem in that ye who plays most games wins, but if we're still only playing each other once, be it in a 1v1 or 2v2 format, then I'm just being an idiot.

What I am proposing is that we replace the idea of a pure doubles tourney (and save it for later-when we can play over a course of a weekend for example) and instead start a league of sorts.

We can either play each other once as we have discussed before. Or play games against all comers and add the points up at the end of the year- which as you have pointed out means that some people will/may play more games than others.
That may be unavoidable as some people (myself included) may not be able to attend every session. But as points are on a W/L/D basis, I hope that might even it out. It is of course a good incentive to come to the club though and play there Smile
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-07-11, 22:31

Hi all, first post for me here. League sounds good. What about points like this: major win+2, minor win +1, draw 0, minor loss -1 and major loss -2 points (minor/major decided before the league starts for each mission)? We could play as any games as we want and it woul still be fair overall (more games means more chance to have more points but also more chances to actually lose points)

And as said, we could play 2vs2 and/or 1vs1, it won't change anything if the points are kept for each player. (Although I'd prefer a rule saying if a team is formed, they stays together all league)

Stephane.
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU
LVL 6 Augmented Cyber Goblin

EXP : 6019

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:
Tournament format: which should we go with? Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-07-12, 19:12

I like that idea, though I think I would be getting alot of minus 2's lol

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
Tournament format: which should we go with? Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Tournament format: which should we go with? Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-07-12, 19:20

Problem easy solved: play in a team with Mike, he's crap you can blame all of it on him lol!
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

EXP : 6019

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-07-12, 22:01

Tournament format: which should we go with? Lol Tournament format: which should we go with? Lol Tournament format: which should we go with? Lol LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down