Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Post your battle reports!

4 posters

Go down

Post your battle reports!  Empty Post your battle reports!

Post  KendokaJim 2014-07-31, 20:52

As the title suggests, this is the thread were I want people to post their battle reports! I would like this to be a regular thing so we can keep the club going. Any game of Warhammer 40k, Fantasy, Bloodbowl, Warmachine etc.. It can be as detailed as you like and MUST contain the names of the people playing and the date the game was played, this is so I know who's sent me what.

PS, Frank, Charlie you make this thread a sticky?
KendokaJim
KendokaJim
LVL 3 Dragon Curry Afterburn

EXP : 5032

Back to top Go down

Post your battle reports!  Empty Re: Post your battle reports!

Post  Warmaster Benji 2014-08-01, 02:02

Great idea, we can do this for next week, show them how it's done!
Warmaster Benji
Warmaster Benji

EXP : 5506

Character sheet
Class: SPESS MEHREN!
Race: SPESS MEHREN!
HP:
Post your battle reports!  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Post your battle reports!  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-08-02, 20:34

good man for doing this and i was wondering if there is a way to link this in with the campaign i want to run?
i plan on doing a basic synopsis at the end of each campaign turn to give a quick rundown of what has happened that turn so maybe that could be included in a broader kind of way into this as well Smile.
and peoples battle reports could help me give these synopsis more flavor. indeed seeing as every one will have a avatar it could make battle reports more personal lol Smile
BDA
BDA
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 5927

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-08-08, 13:24

Ok so I had a game last night (7-8-14) with a friend (Ian Jones) who had the week off on holiday.

Not strictly club but it was fun and someone has to get this Ball rolling.

2000 points
maelstrom of war mission was “the spoils of war”

eldar
Farseer on jetbike (warlord trait -1 to opponents reserve rolls)
Autarch
3 warlocks on Jetbikes
1 Wraithknight with sun cannon, scatter laser and shield
1 Wraithknight with 2 heavy wraith cannons and shuriken cannons
2 warp hunters with sprit stones
1 crimson hunter
1 hemlock wraith fighter
1 lynx (super heavy)

Necrons
Lord with midnshacle scarabs ) warlord trait unbending will)
5 warriors
5 warriors
2 annihilation barge
Tesseract ark
1 triarch stalker
Transcendent C’Tan with Transliminal stride, wave of withering and Seismic assault
2 night scythes.

Eldar got to go first
Turn 1
-I move forward to cover take objectives and cast invisibility on the Lynx  take 3 wound off the C’tan with the Lynx pulse laser and little else of note but I did  take 2 objectives
-In return the C’tan killed a warp hunter and the Lynx in short order with a little help from the stalker while the rest of his force more or less stood still  and wounded my wraithknights a little but did take an objective and first blood.

Turn 2
-Both my crimson hunter and hemlock turn up and fail to do a dame thing to the C’tan, Moved up to take more objectives and managed to destroy his Tesseract ark
with my wriath knights heavy wraith cannons as well as a annihilation barge in combat with another, my farseer and warlocks try to smack the other annihilation barge in combat but fluff that rather badly and one warlock managed to such himself into the warp during his psychic phase. But I do get 4 VP thanks to the number of objectives I am holding
-In return Ian kills both wraithknights in one go with this C’tan and the rest of his force takes out the last 2 warlocks and claimed another objective.

Turn 3-5 gets a bit hazy
The farseer decided to leg it and zooms across the table back to relative safety and ends up charging some necron warriors and lord who beam down into my deployment zone while he is invisible, this keeps him alive as the C’tan cannot shoot him in combat and the crons cannot hit him and he cannot hurt himself all too easy when possessed by the mind shackle scarabs.
The hemlock is taken down by a night scythe but the crimson hunter spends the rest of the game dogging just about every gun on the table, the 2nd warp hunter is hunted down and shocked to death by a number of necron tesla welding units. the combat went on and on but my farseer was stuck trying to hitting  himself due to the mind shackle scarabs but thanks to his invisibility he could not hit himself and every time I knocked one of the necrons down they got back up thanks to their warlord trait.
The C’tan was insanely nasty but thankfully the game ended before he could get into the combat and he was unable to bring my hunter down with his 20 + shots each turn.
The game ended on turn 5 with me having gotten 9 VP and Ian with 6 VP so I won but had it gone on another turn I would have been tabled for sure.

What I can take from this game is that the Transcendent C’Tan is a a complete monster. I did mess up a fair bit as I had blast weapons that would often miss and to make things even more fun I needed to hurt his stuff on a 6 with most of my range weapons so that did not help that and my psychics ability to keep getting perils of the warp or fail to cast all together did not help. What is important is that I played to the end and when I realised I could not harm his units anymore I tried to avoid him as much as possible (and pray for the game to end on turn 5). the maelstrom of war missions set helped me a lot as I could score a lot of points early on when I still had units to do so lol. if it was a normal game I would have lost badly due to no scoring units alive to score.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  KendokaJim 2014-08-20, 12:58

Well I had a Fantasy game Chaos Warriors vs Ben's Skaven on the 12/08/14

We agreed to use night fighting rules that Ben is using for his upcoming Storm of Chaos campaign at Walburton.
We set up meeting engagement style and the points were at 1500.
I took (from what I remember)
1 Sorceror lord of nurgle with ogre blade and lvl 4 upgrade.
1 Exalted hero with BSB upgrade and riding a palaquin of nurgle and biting blade and other magical gubbins
1 Sorceror with skull of katam and mark of nurgle lvl 2 upgrade

2 blocks of warriors one with sword and shield the other with halberd and shield
2 blocks of war dogs
2 gorebeat chariots
1 Hellcannon
Everything above except the dogs and the hellcannon had the mark of nurgle *trollface*

Highlights
Me baawing at the nightfighting rule which meant that in some turns I couldn't charge, shoot etc...
Skaven assassins flying out everywhere and landing into my units despite it being night....'cos...skitterleap, duh!!!
Gorebeasts practically mowing down everything bar the assassins
The look on Ben's face when I told him my sorcerer lord had an ogre blade (+3 Strength) which nearly sent his master assassin/warlord to the great rat catcher in the sky had my dice rolling not stunk.
My hellcannon not shooting at ANYTHING because the first turn he failed his raaaaage test and charged the nearest enemy which was highly convienant because it just happened to be a nearby elite rat unit.

Result was a crushing victory to Skaven despite the shennigans above, my hellcannon got poisoned to death, and my sorceror lord failed to turn the master assassin into rat burger and was killed the next phase of the challange. My halberders who were protecting the lord lost their nerve and ran only to be caught up by the master assassin....again my rolling stunk.
KendokaJim
KendokaJim

EXP : 5032

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-08-20, 13:36

Nice bat rep Jim

My game vs Elvis went well... for me Smile
It was 1500 points and we had the maelstrom of war mission deadlock

I had
1 librarian
10 tac marines in a pod with plasma pistol and melta gun
10 tac marines in a pod with combe melta and a melta gun
10 stern guard in a pod with 2 heavy flamers 2 combe meltas and combe flamer
10 dev with 4 heavy bolters and storm bolter
5 dev with 2 missile launchers with flakk missiles and storm bolter
And sir stompy the 1st the imperial knight paladin

Elvis had
Lots of dark eldar and I don’t remember all the wargear they had but it was lots
1 revenger with 3 dark lance
1 revenger with 3 disrupters
10 dark eldar warriors in raiders
9 dark eldar warriors in a raider with the archon
2 squads of 6 true born with lots of nasty in a venom
2 squads of 10 wyches in raiders with haywire grenades
Oh and every vehicle had flickerfields and night shields.

I got to go first and promptly dropped a squad of stern guard and a tactical squad on top of the dark Eldar line and split the squads to do more damage while sir stompy moved up to get into position to take an objective and hug some dark Eldar should they get close.
The end result was not as good as I could have hoped for as the combined fire of everything I had resulted in a slightly miffed revenger and a downed venom and raider though I did managed to toast a few wyches in their transports that turn out handy for later on.

In return Elvis managed to take out a about half of my marines who had dropped in but I still stood firm and the raider with the wyches and the dark lance revenger zoomed off to take on my knight.

Turn 2
saw my last squad of marines turn up so I placed them with the other 2 squads and they also split up to take on more targets. With their combined fire they managed to take out another venom and a raider and the passengers leaving a very angry archon and his warriors floating around in their raider while the dev squads who were now in range managed to take a hull point off a raider I think it was and Mr stompy decided to go smack the cheeky revenger for getting too close after blowing its wounded counterpart up with the battle cannon.

Elvis managed to kill a few marines with his dwindling numbers but his 5 wyches did manage to charge the imperial knight and take 3 hull points off with the haywire grenades. Sir stompy then lived up to his name stomping 3 of them to death.

Turn 3
Might have made a bo bo his has I moved my imperial knight out of combat as I am sure I have read you cannot pin them in place unless it is with another super heavy but I cannot find that for the life of me now so need to check that. anyway this turn really just saw me finish off the few remaining units Elvis had till he only had a wounded raider bike and a very angry archon on the table (who admittedly just took all the shooting from 3 units and laughed at them from the safety of his shadow filed)
As it was getting late and Elvis only had a few units left we decided to end it there or get locked in and i had gained quite a lead with VP

All in all it was a good game and much fun was had by both sides honest Smile and I am enjoying the maelstrom of war missions but we do get some useless objectives at times.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-08-27, 12:50

2000 points maelstrom of war: contact lost (you can have as many tactical objectives cards as objectives held)
Please note this is not a complete report and some parts are missed out.

Matts list as far as I can remember
Warlord Lvl 2 librarian with invisibility, dominate and psychic shriek.
10 man tactical squad with flamer and mulit-melta in drop pod
10 man tactical squad with flamer and mulit-melta in drop pod
Dreadnought with power fist, heavy flamer and assault cannon In drop pod
2 stormtalon gunships with twin assault cannons and las cannon.
1 predator with twin las cannon and 2 las cannons
1 predator with twin las cannon and 2 heavy bolters
3 centurions with hurricane bolters 2 grave guns and twin las cannon
5 scouts with sniper rifles
1 imperial knight.

My list includes a firebase support cadre formation
Fire blade
X 12 fire warriors
X 12 fire warriors with Sargent
hammerhead with sub rounds, sms, disruption pod and Auto repair
skyray with sms, disruption pod and auto repair
X 5 pathfinders with 3 ion rifles
X 5 pathfinders
Ageis defence line
X 3 xv8 with 1 Mpods, 1 Plas and 2 early warning override all bonded and shas'vre with neuroweb system jammer
x 3 xv8 with 2 Mpods, early warning and bonded + shas'vre

Tau Empire Firebase Support Cadre formation
X1 XV104 with ion accelerator, twin plasma, stimulant injector
X 3 XV88 with 2 target lock, one with velocity tracker, all bonded
heavy rail rifle and sms and 2 shield drones
X 3 XV88 with 2 target lock, one with velocity tracker, all bonded
heavy rail rifle and sms and 2 shield drones

Setup:
Mat won the toss and setup first. He put sir stompy in the middle of the table with a predator on either flank. And then the scouts and assault marines setup on opposite flanks as well. his other unit held in reserve.

I set up all my big guns on my far right flank behind my defence line with the sky ray on the opposite flank with a squad of fire warriors and the plasma welding XV8s facing the assault marines and the missile welding XV8 squad, pathfinders and fire warrior squad joined by my fire blade all took centre.

Turn 1:
Matt got to go first and promptly dropped a tactical squad who combat teamed and a dreadnought onto my lines. Thanks to intercept I was able to blow the arm and heavy flamer off the dreadnought, my other XV8 squad with the missile pods manage to kill one marine with 12 missile shots but he was the one carrying the flamer, on hind sight I should have saved them to shoot at the imperial knight sir stompy. The rest of his units moved about with sir stompy moving to the centre of the table and his assault marines moving forward and taking an objective in the woods.  Mats shooting turn was not to impressive, he managed to kill off most of my ion rifle equipped pathfinders and sir stompy took out a broadside and a few shield drones went down as well and a xv8 with plasma got snipped by a las cannon welding predator but other than that not much.

In my turn rippy supercharged his ion accelerator and my xv8 plasma squad and fire warriors moved forward to shoot at the assault team In return I opened up with the 5 broadsides a hammerhead and rippy to do one whole hull point to sir stompy…… he made 5/6 saves and most of them where penetrating AP1… on the + side the sky ray killed of his librarian who was hiding so I got first blood and kill the warlord and my fireblade and his squad unloaded 10 odd shots into the 4 man tack squad blowing them to bits.
Otherwise xv8 with plasma and there fire warriors managed to kill 2 assault marines and I took the odd hull point off one thing or another.
In the assault phase my xv8 missile squad assaulted the other 5 man squad each inflicting a wound. My xv8 plasma squad jumps back behind the wall and rippy behind a building.

Turn 2:
Both his stormtalons arrive one goes for the skyray the other for rippy.
Boils down to sir stompy taking out one broadside team with his battle cannon (with help) and most of the 5 man pathfinder squad next to them and then assaulting the fireblade and his fire warriors in combat and living up to his name as sir stompy by stomping them all to death (wish I had kept the EMP grenades on them now lol) the fire blade is the only one to survive but is run down my the big metal brute.
His assault squad rips the other squad to bits. My XV8 squad in combat manages to win the day and drives the marines off.
Though a combination of cards he gets 5 VP

In my turn rippy moves off to smack a predator that had just shot at him (possibly a mistake) and My XV8 missile pod squad manage to get round behind sir stompy ready to shoot him In the butt.
Start the shooting phase by light up sir stompy with my remaining markelights like the 4th of July. The 2 broadsides fail to do diddly with their heavy rail guns but the xv8 missile pod squad use markerlights to hit on 2’s and promptly riddle him full of missiles…… sir stompy then promptly goes critical and kills 2 of them in return…….. Other than that my xv8 plsma squad killed off another 2 assault marines making the surviving sergeant run off.
Rippy takes out the predator in combat but is now in the open for the centurions to shoot at. I almost get D3 VP this turn but have to settle for 1

Turn 3:
Last pod squad arrives right next to the last xv88 squad and combat teams to try and do more damage. Otherwise other units move to hold objectives or get better line of sight. One stormtalon enters hover mode.
The centurions and hovering stormtalon open up and kill rippy (forgot I gave him feel no pain) and another xv88 goes down leaving me with 1.
amusingly the dread shoots the skyray and immobilised it but kills itself as I have been using my neuroweb system jammer on it the whole time and finally pays off removing its last hull point. the last xv8 is gunned down by the remains of the tack squad they had made run off before.
Assault marine comes back to take on the xv8 plasma squad but only kills one.
The jammy git gets 6 vp though a good hand of cards and killing off stragglers lol

My skyray opens up with everything on the stormtalon that has zipped off to pick on the XV88 and blows it out the sky.
My hammer head manages to take out the other one hovering off in the distance and  the other kils a centurion with a hammerheads railgun round and wounds another. the XV8 plasma squad manage to kill the last marine sergeant in combat as he comes back for more.
This gains me 1 vp.

Turn 4:
Matt dose not manage much in his turn but he does charge the lone XV88. He does have 13vp so I think his chaps are getting a bit lazy.

My 2 not so pleased hammerheads decide to inflict some payback on the centurions……. One fluff’s it big time but the other one manages to kill both with his combined weapons fire, the skyray who has been doing a good job of being a pain the bottom avenges the xv88 squad by killing off 2 of the 3 marines responsbale……. But not the one with the multi-melta. the xv88 goes down to the marines in my turn.
But the lone xv8 plasma survivor makes a dash for an objective and grabs it.

Turn 5:
He kills off the last XV8 on the table with over whelming las cannon fire and moves one of his squads up to take an objective with his two multi-meltas both miss the hammerheads floating slowly past them.

my hammerheads move into better position with one moving to try and get a VP for the objective Matts marine shave just taken while the other moves to get a better bead on the last predator and blows it to bits in a most satisfying if somewhat late display of what a rail gun can do.
The skyray kills the last multi-melta welding marine from the first squad to land while the last hammerhead just manages to kill the one marine I need to let me take the objective.

And that is where the game ends.

The score is 16-7 to the marines or something like that. needless to say matt won that one.
For me I was at a disadvantage as matt started with 2 objectives and was able to move up to get more while pinning me in place with pod squads and a zonking big towering death machine. This meant he got more objective cards each turn and they really started to add up as he got some very good hands. My list was also not all that mobile and I should have realised that.
Things I will change next time is getting rid of the xv88 as they just don’t ever seem to do much more than die to bolter fire. a few EMP grenades on units might go down well as well as a few transports
All in all a fun game with very little left at the end on either side and the maelstrom of war missions give a new and fun way to play and lots for me to think about
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-09-10, 12:45

2000 maelstrom or war mission: the spoils of war [you can pinch your opponents card to claim objectives]

Tau forces:
HQ
Commander with plasma, Mpod, drone controller and target lock in XV8-02 suit with neuroweb system jammer.
Warlord trait: through boldness, victory [I don’t scatter when deep striking]

Troops:
X 12 fire warriors with Sargent and EMP in fish
X 20 kroot with sniper rounds and 3 krootox

Heavy:
skyray with sms, disruption pod and auto repair

fast attack:
X 5 pathfinders
x6 gun drones and 4 marker drones
X10 vespid with strain leader

Elites:
x 3 xv8 with 1 Mpod, plas, early warning and bonded + shas'vre
x 3 xv8 with 1 Mpod, plas, early warning and bonded + shas'vre
X1 XV104 with ion accelerator, twin plasma, stimulant injector

space marines:
Lvl 2 librarian in terminator armour
Warlord trait: princeps of deceit [3 of my units have to take pinning tests at the start of the game]
Powers:telepathy: psychic shriek, mental fortitude and shrouding.

Troops:
10 marines with lass cannon and flamer in rhino
10 marines with lass cannon and flamer in rhino
10 marines with lass cannon and flamer in drop pod
5 scouts with sniper rifles

Elites:
5 terminators with heavy flamer
Dreadnought with assault cannon.

Heavy:
3 centurions with 2 grave cannons and 1 twin lascannon
Vindicator
Whirlwind

Fast attack:
6 bikes with 1 attack bike with mulit-melta
Storm talon with skyhammer missiles
Storm talon with twin lass cannons

Deployment :
Table:
The table had a runi in each corner and a large ruin  in the middle of the table with a smattering of trees and rocks.
Objectives:
The objectives where set in 14” from the edge of the table and equally spaced from one another to make things fair
Setup:
Matt chose the sides and set me to go first so I set up a hammerhead in the ruin on either flank as I did not know where he would setup
Then the riptide and a xv8 squad setup next to a hammerhead in the ruin on the left flank with some plucky little pathfinders setting up in some woods just in front of them while the vespid and skyray set up behind the big ruin in the middle, the fire warriors in the devilfish and last xv8 squad setup behind a rock on the right flank, [I was hoping the xv8 squads would get to punish any drop pods and there squads that arrived so set them up with line of sight to my deployment zone as much as possible] my commander joined the drone squad and set to deep strike while the kroot set off to outflank.

Matt setup with a tack squad in a rhino, centurions, librarian and dreadnought on the flank with my riptide on, his bikes, whirlwind and vindicator setup in the middle and a rhino with a tack squad and his terminators on the flank facing my fire warriors. His scouts infiltrated into another set of woods opposite my pathfinders.

Turn 1:
Alex:
Left flank: riptide engages his nova reactor to boost his sheld to 3++, hammerhead moves up and snipes a centurion with his rail gun instant killing him, riptide moves up and overcharges his plasma accelerator and manages to glance the rhino, wound a centurion but fails to damage the dreadnought [they were packed a bit close] xv8 finish off the rhino and his marines deploy. the pathfinders target the bikes in the centre with marker lights, riptide moves back out of range of the centurions and xv8 move up out of line of site of centurions

Centre of table: skyray moves up and targets the bike with an extra makerlight and the vespid move up into the run, using the makrelights on the bikes to kill of 5 of them,

Right flank: hammerhead moves out and manages to stop the vindicator shooting for a turn while the devilfish move 12” forward and the XV8 don’t do much of anything.
I get 2vp 1 for first kill and one for an objective.

Matt:
Seeing he can pinch two of my objective cards this turn matt moves units to do so.
Left flank: his units move forward to take an objective and open up on the hammerhead that just killed his centurion, I opt to jink and get a 2+ cover save thanks to night fining and upgrades, his snipers manage to kill 2 pathfinders

Centre of the table: vindicator moves to hold an objective as it cannot shoot this turn and deploys a pod squad in the runis to deal with the vespid but it scatters but not enough. He manages to kill 2 vespid as they take advantage of cover. His surviving bikes move up to take pot shots at the pathfinders, matt goes to use the whirlwind on the vespid but I told him to use it on the pathfinders and he ends up forgetting to use it.

Right flank: terminators hold position as they don’t want to get near my hammerhead and his rhino moves forward to nab an objective.
Matt gets one point for casting a power and 2 more for objectives I held cards for.

Turn 2:
Alex:
left flank: riptide engages his nova reactor to boost his shields again and jumps out to blast the large squad of marines around the objective…… and promptly scatters completely missing them and landing on the dreadnought reducing it to snapshots, pathfinders take some pot shots at the scouts pinning them but they then decide to run. The hammerhead and the hammerhead dose nothing due to snapshot and the xv8 on that side kill the attack bike. Both riptide and xv8 move up a little.

centre of table: vespid, skyray and xv8 all target the marines who had deployed by drop pod and killed all but 2 who the vespid then charged while the xv8 failed.

Right flank: both the kroot and commander arrive on the fight flank, kroot sneek up behind the terminators in the ruin and kill 3 with a combined 46 shots and make them run but they stay on the table. Commander and his drone squad land near to an objective and split fire, commander immobilises the vindicator and effective takes it out the game while the 6 gun drones kill the whirlwind with glancing hits, the rhino on the right flank has a blessed life as the combined fire from fire warriors, hammerhead and devilfish only manage to take off one hull point.
I gain 1 VP from an objective

Matt:
left flank: a stormtalon arrives from reserve and combines fire with the tack squad and centurions to take off 2 wounds from the riptide who is loving his 3++ save scouts wound a xv8 and the dreadnought misses due to snapshot.

Centre of table: last bike makes a dash back to support the Tack squad who dismount from the rhino to take some shots at the commander and the drones killing 4. The combat with the tack squad and vespid is a draw and I forget the bugs have hit and run.

Right flank: the terminators shoot two kroot and stab on in combat but are defeated by sheer numbers in assault, the kroot consolidate to the edge of the ruin.
Matt gets 2 vp one of them from my deck again lol.

Turn 3:
Alex:
Left flank: combined fire from riptide and xv8 kill off the last of  centurions and all but a few of the tack squad and the hammerhead headshots the librarian with a railgun. Riptide and xv8 move up to better position near the scouts to clear the area next turn.

Center of table: the skyray launches 2 seeker missiles using its networked markerlights at the skytalon on the left flank. One misses but the other one hits and damages it so it can only snapshot next turn. Vespid lose combat and are chased down by the marines.

Right flank: combined fire from kroot, commander and his drones and xv8 manage to kill all but two of the tack squad that deployed from the rhino. My fire warriors assult the drop pod and blow it up… I forgot it was open-topped and it exploded killing 3 of the fire warriors and they failed there leadership test and legged it 10” back.
I gained 5vp this turn.

Matt:
Left flank: kills off one suits with combined fire from the units there.

Centre of table: stormtalon manages to inflict crew shaken on my sky ray.

Right flank: last stormtalon arrives and kills off one xv8 and wounds another, bike and last two tack squad from the drop pod assault the xv8 squad and one is killed on the way in but they manage to kill both suits who had been on one wound each. the last two tack marines from the riono are cut down as they try to assault the commander and his drones.
Matt gets 1 vp this turn.

It is late and Matt has next to nothing on the table to score and I am well ahead on points so we call it a day.

This mission is a tricky one and in some ways as you can pinch victory points for objectives from your opponents deck of cards.

All in all I was happy with how my units did though I must say my hammerheads seem to do much better at sniping infantry than taking out tanks lol
The commander with the drones is also  very nasty Smile.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-01-15, 13:36

Cleanse and control maelstrom mission. For the campaign

This is a quick and nasty batrep as time is short but you will get the idea lol

What I had

Farseer Talrin (avatar)

10 avengers in a serpent

3 squads of 3 Jetbikes all with a cannon each

7 swooping hawks with exarch armed with sunfifle

Crimson hunter

Hemlock

Wraithknight with 2 wraithcannons and 2 shuriken cannons

1 night spinner.

Mark had his

Warbos avatar in a truck with 6 nobs

20 hard boys with dwarven handle and mech

Morkanaut with kustom force filed

Blitza bommer

5 storm boys

Some grots

And 6 burner boys.

Mark won the toss to setup first and deployed his morkanaut in the middle carrying the burner boys of his deployment zone with his warbos and his nobs in the truck behind it

His hard boys set up on the left flank and his grots and storm boys set up on his right.

I set up my jetbikes to hunt down the storm boys and the rest of my stuff hiding behind a bit rock with my hawks off the table and my far seer with the avangers.

Turn one:

I pinch the initiative like the cheesy Eldar player I am and set about the orks.

I get no useful objective cards so just try and kills some orks

My jet bikes kill off some grots while my Wraithknight completely misses the morkanaut and the rest of my stuff just kills off a few orks.

Mark gets some very useful cards and manages to nap 3 points as he moves to grab 3 objectives but his morkanut overheads when trying to fire his big gun and the rest of his weapons have no effect.

Turn two.

All my stuff turns up and I decide to go nuts on the orks and get 2 points one for an objective and one for first kill.

My Jetbikes manage to grab an objective while also killing off the storm boys and making the grots run.

My crimson hunter targets the truck and the Wraithknight pick on the morkanaut and take a hull point off and stun it for a turn so it cannot move and only snap shot.

The avengers and farseer bail out to shoot at the hard boys along with the rest of my force, with a combination of powers and shooting they brake and run never to return .

Marks turn sees his blitza bommer turn up and he makes a booming run on my farseer (he should have seen that coming) and avengers, scatters and stuns my serpent and kills an avenger

The rest of his shooting is ineffective(they are orks after all)  and the ork warboss gets out with his nobs and heads off to take on the Jetbikes on his right flank

Turn three:

My crimson hunter tares off to take on the blitza but fails to kill it but dose force it off the table. Jetbikes shoot up the nobs around the warboss and take objectives.

Wraithknight moves up ready to assault next turn if this zonking big morkanaut is not killed this turn. Hawks move up to take objective and ready to do a sneaky charge next turn.

Farseer and avengers get back in serpent. Hemlock picks on the nobs and misses.

Mark

Fails to charge the bikes and the morkanaut dose nothing much while his plain flys off the tbale.

Turn 4: combined

I have somehow gotten 6 points while mark is still on 3.

Jetbikes fluff it a bit and one squad get taken out by the warboss and he survives getting shot in the back by 4 lasscannons from the the crimson hunter.

Farseer and avengers get out of serpent to cast powers only to get bombed again (but he missed this time to)

Wraithknight moves up to charge the morkanaut and falls shot but stuns it in shooting while the hwaks move up and kill it with hwaywire grenads but are in turn rosted alive by the burner boys. The ork truck swerves around the wrecked morkanaut to try and kneecap the Wraithknight with its wrecking ball and fails.

In in all a fun game and a victory for me so that is always nice lol.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-01-21, 12:57

Battle rep. purge the alien/dawn of war
Eldar vs Daemons.

I can’t remember what everything had for Sam’s list but it was
4 daemon princes
20 plague daemons and
7 bases of baby plague daemons.

I had
Farseer Talrin
3 units of 5 dire avengers in wave serpents with scatter lasers
1 unit of 5 Wraithguard in a serpent
1 crimson hunter
1 night spinner
1 Wraithknight with two heavy wraith cannons.

I got to setup and go first and deployed everything in the middle of my deployment zone with the night spinner on middle right and the Wraithknight middle left and the wave serpents in-between them.

Sam deployed a flying daemon prince on my far left and one in the middle behind the baby daemons and another on my right flank with 20 jolly ill looking chaps and his avatar was held in reserve

I won’t go turn by turn as each turn was quite similar in that I would duck and dive concentrating most of my fire power on a unit at a time while Sam’s host of the ill moved forward trying to give me any number of STD’s and failing to get close enough to do so thank goodness.

Two things of note did happen however, my Wraithknight who missed 12 out of 14 shots did manage to get a lucky over watch hit on a daemon prince in turn one and send him running back to the plague father and when Sam’s avatar did turn up he was swooping and jinxed with his 2+ cover save just about ignored my entire army trying to shoot him down with ease lol, not so much when he landed mind you as my wraith guard hopped out and opened a nice portal to the warp for him to hop though.

Sam’s main issue with is list is one I see repeated a lot and that is upgrading units to much (though in his case he had a lack of modules so had to make up points this way). In his case his daemon princes where very expensive and could be instant killed with str 10 weapons, a bad combination and I made sure I had some str 10 weapons to hand.

I might try and do a little article about upgrading to much for the forum soon.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-02-13, 12:04

Bat rep Sam vs Alex
Big guns never tire, hammer and anvil deployment with 3 objectives.
(1 in no man’s land and one each in out deployment zones.)

20 warriors
10 warriors
10 warriors
3 wraiths with whips
3 heavy destroyers
5 praetorians
1 Triarch stalker
1 annihilation barge
1 deceiver

I took a wraith list that was geared to combat as Sam was saying I spend too much time avoiding combat lol.
My Avatar (farseer Talrin)
Spirit seer
10 wraithblades with axe and shield
5 wraith blades with swords
3 war walkers with 2 scatter lasers
1 Wraithknight with scatter laser and suncannon
1 wraithlord with 2 bright lances
1 crimson hunter

Setup:
Sam setup first with his avatar and 20 warriors camping in the middle front of his battle line.
10 warriors 3 wraiths and 5 praetorians set up on his right while the other 10 warriors, 3 heavy destroyers, stalker and annihilation barge set up on the other with the  deceiver set up behind them (quite some way).

I set my Wraithknight and war walkers up facing off against Sam’s right flank while the wraithblades and seers took up the middle ground (seers joined the Axe squad) ready to charge in and the wraithlord took my right flank. The idea was the Axe squad could give cover to the sword squad behind them.

Turn 1:
Failing to pinch the initiative Same goes first.

Moving and running his right flank forward he only real shooting comes from this left flank where he moves the warriors and annihilation barge into range along with the stalker and heavy destroyers. The combined fire kills 4 wraithblades with axe.

In return my Wraithknight manages a impressive number of misses vs the praetorians despite rerolls to hit but the walkers manage to wound a wraith yay.
My wraithlord moves up an gets a glancing hit on the stalker while the wraith blades move and run up with the axe squad getting fortune cast on them.

Turn 2:
The wraiths and praetorians charge the walker squad and take 2 wounds to over watch and harm one while the warriors on the right flank try to shoot the Wraithknight and fail to wound him.
Sam’s left flank fire everything they have and fail to take down any of my axe quad thanks to rerolls……… Sam might at this point wish he had moved his forces back a little bit.

My turn sees the crimson hunter arrive and combine fire with the wraithlord to kill the stalker
My wraithknights blasts a few of the plucky warriors who tried their luck and then charged the survivors who promptly got a wound on him with over watch but he kills them.
My wraithblades with the axes get into combat with the warriors on Sam’s left flank and kill all but one who legs it and is run down while the sword squad fails the charge. and yes the axe squad gets fortune again. the walkers manage to kill a praetorian in combat.

Turn 3:
Sam’s moves the deceiver out and combines fire with the 20 strong squad and heavy destroyers to take on the axe squad and kills one or 2 I think.
The annihilation barge single handily kills the sword squad. The last praetorian is slain in combat with the walkers and the wrights kill one of them.

The Axe squad takes out the heavy destroyers while the wraithlord kills the annihilation barge in combat. the crimson hunter takes pot shots at the deceiver and get a wound on him and the Wraithknight gets 16 wounds on the 20 strong squad but Sam saves all but 4 while a wright is killed in combat with the walkers. And yes the axe squad got fortune again

Turn 4:
Sam’s turn consisted of the 20 man squad just shooting at the axe squad and killing 1 I think and the deceiver shot the wraithlord taking him down to one wound while moving back to hold his objective.

I moved the crimson hunter round behind his large squad to try and snipe his lord but failed to hit and wound while the wraithlord took pots shots at the deceiver.
The Wraithknight charged the lone wraith still in combat with the walkers and squished him giving me my objective, as we were out of time I cast lots of stuff on the wraith to help me win that combat with the wraith while moving the axe squad to take the objective in the open.

End result was a win for me though I feel same could have done a lot better from the get go if he moved his units around more and kept them out of combat as he hardly moved a thing after turn one.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-02-24, 09:46

Sorry for the late post. so i played sam's orks was a pitched battle with sam going first it all looked doomed for me on the first turn when the looters pulped my havocs off the board so on my turn my psykers opened the warp and let it consume the looters until the was nothing but burnt remains. his morkanaught smashed my forge fiend to bits and my warlord thought na i want none of that and run away until the nobz got out of it and started chasing me with that i turned and run into the fight, my warlord madox the red challenged and killed his warlord at which point the gods saw fit to make him a daemon prince think it was about 7-3 to me as i hit domination with one of my cards
syxx
syxx

EXP : 7108

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
Post your battle reports!  Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Post your battle reports!  Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-03-04, 10:26

So after being pushed back by the eldar and awaiting there sorcerer lord to return from the warp we stumbled into a necron tomb awakening. So this was a bloody battle those ctans are scary and the volume of fire is insane and the just dont die. So mr trotter took an early lead getting 2 objective 5 that was right near him and blow a tank away to get first blood. so i buzzed past the wraiths again scary with my bike and shot at some warriors before slamming into them. My sorcerer for a thousand son unit got sucked into the warp never to be seen again. and shot all i could into the warriors ignoring the walker and the monolith and the ctans. and only scored once during the first turn as i had 2 objective ones which was over in sames deployment zone. and i charged the wraiths with cultists to tie them up. he brings his flyer on and smashes me with shooting and kills my bikers after i killed all the warriors i cc. he still doesnt manage to kill my 2 units of thousand sons although he smashes them with every with he had. so my turn 2 i zoom my flyer on and hit his flyer ripping both weapons off of it and i deep strike termies onto his objective 1 scoring twice and blowing a chunk out of his gun platform with combi melta. his killing a few cultists but im killing of the wraiths mostly with cultists to boot. and i charge another unit of warriors with thousand sons and only kill 2 but he rolls a 12 and runs i cant chase. he fly's away the flyer as its now useless to him and he shoots the thousand sons to a man and kills the other unit of thousand sons and kills the 2nd rhino and scores again but then he hits a snag and would have won if he didnt draw these to cards make a unit fail a painc or pinning i have a unit of havocs at the back out of range of him and thats all that isnt fearless and issue a challange and he kill all my champs at range. i finish the wraiths in his turn and draw 2 more cards take objective 5 next to the cultists (very lucky) and take objective 2 already holding with havocs (bloody lucky) this ties it up and i charge the lords warrior unit with termies and he kills all to a man and had my last lone thousand son nabs line breaker at the death to steal a sneaky point to win.

really tough game i stole it tbh but it was bloody both sides thanks sam i cant believe its taken us that long to play and was one of the most enjoyable games ive had in a long time sir thank you. bounce
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
Post your battle reports!  Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Post your battle reports!  Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-03-04, 14:08

sounds like a wicked game chaps Smile

so i read that as you won elvis and did noth avatars live?
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-03-04, 15:31

I won both lived
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-03-04, 16:02

groovy thanks man Smile
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down