Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k

5 posters

Go down

should we ask permission ot use super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40K

Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Vote_lcap63%Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Vote_lcap37%Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Empty Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k

Post  BDA 2015-04-16, 13:18

Hi chaps I am starting this poll as I want to see who things it is a good idea to make it compulsory to get your opponents permission on using super-heavy and gargantuan units seeing as they are becoming even more common place and game changing. the same is said for destroyer weapons as they look to be making it onto standard games as well.

I don’t want to ban them cos they are very nice to see on the table but at the same time they are so very powerful and you often need special kit to kill them and not everyone can afford their own or the stuff to deal with them.

So please vote and add your thoughts on the subject.
BDA
BDA
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 5923

Back to top Go down

Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Empty Re: Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k

Post  Grey Master 2015-04-16, 14:46

I vote No restrictions. I voluntarily don't use in normal under 2,000
Grey Master
Grey Master
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 3736

Character sheet
Class: Grey Knight
Race: Human
HP:
Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Empty Re: Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k

Post  40k-all-the-way 2015-04-16, 15:32

I vote no restrictions but have the same rule for that super heavy and gargantuan creatures as with Lord of war choices because some are still listed as heavy support choice (+ 1 to reserve roles and a vp for every 3 hp or wounds taken from it)

40k-all-the-way
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 4106

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-16, 18:17

I like the idea sam

Keep them coming chaps
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychozero1 2015-04-24, 19:21

As long as the other person can kill it
Psychozero1
Psychozero1
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 3427

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-24, 23:05

well if they don't know they are facing one they might not take the gear they need to deal with is so i think it is only fair to give warning if you plan to field something big and nasty in standard games.
bigger games over 2000 points and apoc games is more fair game as they are not so game changing mind you
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-04-24, 23:53

Well again I have to draw you attention to the rule book both players have to agree so if I don't want to play you then I won't I'm in favour of the standard force org so I will not play against an unbound list unless it's a fluffy mess around game and until the add all the super heavys to codexs I won't play unless it's an apoc game. Just my two cents if people disagree then fine by me you just won't play me no big loss Smile
syxx
syxx

EXP : 7104

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Restrictions on super-heavy, gargantuan units and destroyer weapons in normal games of 40k Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-27, 12:42

I am sorry to say Elvis I have had a quick look at it and as far as I can see (but I could be wrong) does not say you have to ask your opponents permission, not in the main rule book any way, if I am wrong please point it out to me J

Though you are right you can’t force someone to play lol

I should point out that the standard force org list is becoming a rare thing and most codex now have their own force org chart and some factions cannot in fact use the standard force org.

40k is constantly evolving and I just want to get some ground rules down cos I don’t want people getting punished cos they can’t afford to keep up with the constant changes and to keep things fun.

Also the imperial knight is not a lord of war and you do not have to ask permission to use it as it stands.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-04-27, 12:50

For a start I was talking about unbound second it says both plays have to agree to game type and points so sorry you wrong if I don't want to play it I won't as for other army books as for the space clowns and others it means there not standard foc so no troops always holding objectives etc as for knights they are part of a standard foc as there in the rule book as are lords of war so if it's a Lord of war go for it if your unbound or apoc then nah I'm not playing you
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-27, 13:44

good spot Elvis i was look at the next page but it dose have it in bold lol:)
also good as it covers applying restrictions so if you quite right. Smile

therefor chaps you are quite with in your rights to ask your opponent not to take any super heavy nasty stuff if you dont want them to.

i need to check the rules but it would apar the new formations setup the crome and eldar have seem to overright the one Lord of War thing but really need to look into that more.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-04-27, 18:18

Again in the campaign I think there at least needs a Limit or something but mess about and apoc lets see what hell we can raise
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-04-27, 19:39

And yes your right on the eldar Lord of war thing
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down