Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP

+5
WarBunka-Charlie
IASGATG
Johnny KTOU
syxx
gonetoground
9 posters

Go down

40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty 40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP

Post  gonetoground 2010-09-09, 11:54

Hi all. After long and clandestine talks with those in the know, I have decided to start a campaign based on the 40k planetary Empires rules. These are quite straightforward and have the benefit of being easy to use. The rules say that you need X amount of tiles forr each player, so at this stage I am gauging interest. I have the tiles and am happy to bring the map to each session. But we need to create the map at our first campaign match in order that everyone has an input with it, once again this is a simple thing to do.
Games are played much like any other, you challenge X person, you play a game in which say Y person wins. You then pick a tile belonging to Mr X and a dice role (modified with bits from the campaign rules) determines if you take possession of that tile. If you run out of tiles then your out of the campaign. Due to the nature of 40k and your armies ability to 'deep strike' etc you dont have to fight an opponent whos tiles are adjacent to yours, ie you can still play anyone.

I have had a few 'rules' ideas. Tell me what you think :-
1. Games can be of any point size and any mission or expansion can be played(planetstrike).
2. each player needs to pick a race ie orks and stick with that army when playing campaign games. The army list can change as often as you like, other units you buy etc can be added, like I said games can be of any point size you agree with your opponent.
3. To keep it simple (and prevent my brain from overheating) campaign games should be played at the club.
4. I was thinking that a deadline (before xmas- or the last session of the year) could signify the end of the campaign, the person with the most territiory wins. In the event of a tie then the players play a game the winneer of which wins the campaign.
5. What about an almighty large game (apoc) for the last game of the campaign-wth alliances allowed in this one.
6. on that note, I think it best that players play individual games (no teaming up) for the campaign. That said people can still make informal non agression policies with their neighbours Wink Suspect

Once I know how many players there are, and we formalise the rules we can begin, I thought we could also create some fluff as to why we are fighting the campaign.
I can paint the map (once we've made it of course).
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

EXP : 5539

Character sheet
Class: Farseer/warlock/Badger
Race: half-eldar
HP:
40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Left_bar_bleue1000/100040k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

http://wraithsightminis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty Re: 40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP

Post  syxx 2010-09-09, 12:58

Sounds kool I'm so in
syxx
syxx
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 7086

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Left_bar_bleue10000/1000040k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-09-09, 20:40

My opinions on a few points:
- Although it looks more fair if games are limited to the club (they can be "watched" and use impartial advice if needed), I don't think we should forbid games outside; 2 reasons: a few people probably won't have the chance to come every tuesday, and will be available another day; and more importantly: for games of 2k and over, there is nearly no chance to finish it in the time given, and be able to spend a whole afternoon at someone's with a beer or pizza is an option that should stay

-As I mentionned to you Steve, that would be great to keep an update of the map on the forum (why not a photo of your map updated as we go ?) so that people can "think" at home about their next conquest...

- Concerning tiles and attacker/defender, it would be really fluffy if the tiles convoited are decided before the game start: my point is that it will actually matter for what kind of scenery/rules will be used. Examples: planetstrike expansion, i decide to attack an area that represent a city, my opponent attacks one of my forest terrain, we both roll of to know who attacks and the game is set up using the defenders terrain (games with cityfight could work there for example); or if the normal scenarios from the rulebook are used, we can still roll to know where the fight will happen (game in desert, in a hive, next to a factory...). And it does matter for a lot of the "battle missions" scenarios, to know who attacks and who defend... Sounds complicated, but I could clarify if needed...

-For the background: it could be be decided by the GM what planet this is (people can help him Smile ), find a name and what type, what's interesting in there... Then each player needs to say why he wants to conquer it !

Hope that helps !
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU
LVL 6 Augmented Cyber Goblin

EXP : 6019

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:
40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Left_bar_bleue10000/1000040k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-09-10, 07:47

Johnny KTOU wrote:My opinions on a few points:
- Although it looks more fair if games are limited to the club (they can be "watched" and use impartial advice if needed), I don't think we should forbid games outside; 2 reasons: a few people probably won't have the chance to come every tuesday, and will be available another day; and more importantly: for games of 2k and over, there is nearly no chance to finish it in the time given, and be able to spend a whole afternoon at someone's with a beer or pizza is an option that should stay

-As I mentionned to you Steve, that would be great to keep an update of the map on the forum (why not a photo of your map updated as we go ?) so that people can "think" at home about their next conquest...

- Concerning tiles and attacker/defender, it would be really fluffy if the tiles convoited are decided before the game start: my point is that it will actually matter for what kind of scenery/rules will be used. Examples: planetstrike expansion, i decide to attack an area that represent a city, my opponent attacks one of my forest terrain, we both roll of to know who attacks and the game is set up using the defenders terrain (games with cityfight could work there for example); or if the normal scenarios from the rulebook are used, we can still roll to know where the fight will happen (game in desert, in a hive, next to a factory...). And it does matter for a lot of the "battle missions" scenarios, to know who attacks and who defend... Sounds complicated, but I could clarify if needed...

Hope that helps !

I think these are valid arguments, perhaps it might be best to allow games outside of the club. I am happy with that if everyone else is. I think that as far as the terrain idea-with regard to the area of the map and what it represents, again I think thats a great idea, but I think that rather than that being are hard and fast rule, we could perhaps leave it in as a voluntary/decide between opponents rule. I think because some poeple would be more than happy to do that (myself included) anf others may just want to pick up and play. Loving the idea of a pic every week, I would be happy to do that. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Left_bar_bleue1000/100040k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2010-09-10, 09:51

i agree with some of the stuff said yes there should be more games outside of club and yes there should be beer i like the pic every week map idea but thats when i start to disagree i think it should only be at club, as outside games tend to favour those that have more free time (me for one), the whole 2k thing i dont go for sorry yes we can get them out the way in a few hours me and tony got a game in 1200 points in like an hour and a half but i feel u saying about larger games is alittle un fair i for one had plans to use an army that is 1500 maybe 2k but i think we should maybe come up with an idea that each section u hold is a dif amount of points or something as i no ben f tony rich prob brent will be in and some of these guys cant push 2k. i just think that the larger games should be saved for the end.

elvis
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-09-10, 10:36

I think we could get in some larger games, with some prior preperation. My only problem with different tiles worth X amount of army points is you may get a situation where someone attacks with a 2k army against a 500pt one, thats if Im reading it right. it also creates a logistical nightmare of the GM to keep track of. I think the solution may still lie with players determining their own game, if Ben and Tony for eg want to play a 1k game then fine. If I want to play a 2k planetstrike then also fine. What I personally think is that our first campaign should be a simple set of rules that will lead to an end conclusion, perhaps we could plan for a grander rules set after xmas? once we've tried the rules, and come up with things we all want to add.

Steve
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2010-09-10, 10:38

that was what i ment rly
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  IASGATG 2010-09-11, 19:43

Back from Wales, ready to lay down the hurt once more. Smile
IASGATG
IASGATG
LVL 3 Dragon Curry Afterburn

EXP : 5509

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

http://www.catpictures.co/

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-09-12, 11:59

Sounds really fun, if the games are played outside of the club then I think they should be posted on the forum and maybe a PM/Text/Email sent to Steve so he can do his "Thang". Very Happy

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6483

Character sheet
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Race: Gwarl
HP:
40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Left_bar_bleue7500/1000040k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

http://warbunka.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-09-12, 18:45

I'm completely fine with leaving the rules as simple as possible even if I wanted to add some options at first. In the end that's only details really that can be decided between players, no point making things too complicated.

I'm just disappointed by not allowing games outside the club: it will not favor people that play more games as if we count the tiles for the winner, these tiles can only be stolen from the guy you're actually playing. It's not like the league, there is no "point" system where you gain points even by losing, it's just an "exchange" of tiles (hope I'm making sense here) I know 2k games can be squeeze within the evening but larger games can't, especially if rules like planetstrike, apocalypse, spearhead are used. Well could still play a large game outside the club without it counting towards the campaign.
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-09-12, 21:10

gonetoground wrote: I think these are valid arguments, perhaps it might be best to allow games outside of the club.

I thought I had already mentioned that we might include games outside of the club.......

We can all discuss it in more detail on tue. Hope to have numbers then, with an aim to kick off the campaign the following week. Got to do some work now...

later

Steve
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-09-12, 21:40

Oh, I was reading Syxx comment about not liking this for "fairness" reasons. Didn't mean to troll alien
Well yeah we'll see on Tuesday.
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  IASGATG 2010-09-12, 21:46

I'll be late on Tuesday, if it comes to the vote, put me down for the side that makes it a stalemate so we cannot have progress. Smile
IASGATG
IASGATG

EXP : 5509

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

http://www.catpictures.co/

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2010-09-13, 08:21

wasnt saying that we could win because we were having outside games i just said think about those who have work familys etc. i am not opposed to outside game i have played outside of club u no
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty Campaign. To begin (hopefully) on the 5th October

Post  gonetoground 2010-09-22, 00:06

Ok, I have Ten confirmed players as below, to be honest its gonna be hard to fit in anymore than 10 players on the map, as its all about the tiles. Ten players= 5 tiles to start with, any less and it gets too easy to be knokced out. Im sorry for anyone that wanted to play but didnt get a chance, but I might be able to add you in if a player gets knocked out or drops out. So the following players (and their races) are starting

Aaron -Marines
Elvis- Chaos marines
Stevo- Space wolves
Russ- Orks!
Ben P- Inquisition
Tony- Chaos Marines
Rich- Space wolves
Stephane- Guard
Brenton- Tau
Tom- Dark Eldar

I hope that we can place the 'flags' and stuff on the 5th (wont be there next week). I will act as GM, and work out the bonus points you get (as discussed at club) and post them each monday for those guys playing games outside the club and for when I cant get to the club. If you play a game outside the club you should roll your 'take a territory tile' roll against your opponent at the earliest opportunity- i.e the next time the map is avaliable. It should be noted that each tuesday if you have played say 2 games outside the club (or on the night) then you will suffer the -1 penalty on the roll for trying to take more than 1 tile in a 'campaign turn'- dont worry that will become clear as we play, but it basically means that you may get more games in, but it represents that your forces are deployed thinly and therefore its harder to gain more of the map.
Clear as mud?.
It will become clear as we play, its very simple really
1.each map tile may have a feature inside it. This can be a model piece:- shield generator, factory, power generator or bastion. Each can give you bonus points to spend on your army each game. Some cost you points such as shield generators- but mean that the tile is harder to capture.
2. there are some pieces that have natural terrian, rivers, mountains etc. They are harder to capture
3. there are two 'special' types of tile spaceport and hive city. These have there own rules. But I will explian them on the day.
4. Your capture tiles by winning games, then making a 2D6 roll modified by some of the stuff above. If you get over a certain number you take the tile from your opponent and place your little flag on top!
5. I will specify a date that the campaign finishes (TBA)
6. The person with the most tiles wins!
7. In the event of a draw we will play a semi final/final match to decide
8. Prizes tba

Steve
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty i know my place

Post  ben f 2010-09-24, 09:24

dont panic i wont ask to paricipate! though be carefull dudes you could be shutting the door on the next franciss! there's no mallace in this comment its just a joke!

ben f
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 5062

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

http://benfinch123@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-09-24, 10:53

If I can persuade Ryan to give me some more tiles then we can add another two players, yourself included mate.
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  RemoteRyan 2010-09-24, 11:04

I'm fine with giving you as many of my tiles as you need Steve. You just need to come and collect them or tell me where to take them.
RemoteRyan
RemoteRyan
LVL 2 Ogre Breath
LVL 2 Ogre Breath

EXP : 5310

Character sheet
Class: Lazy Bugger
Race: Human/Wookie Hybrid
HP:

Back to top Go down

40k CAMPAIGN USING TILE MAP Empty cheers guys

Post  ben f 2010-09-24, 14:02

thanks steve the inviite means alot to me a big turn around!!!! but i don't think i got the time for it at the moment, but maybe it would be worth getting them as i'm sure somone else would be up for it! as the first i heard plans for a campagne was on here so it may of slipped others attentions too!
i'll probably be a very late next week or might just have a week or two out! thanks for the invite though steve and the offer of the use of your tiles is very generous ryan hope it goes well for you all see you all soon

ben f
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 5062

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

http://benfinch123@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-10-13, 16:16

Is it possible to have a photo of the map to plan the next games ?
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-10-17, 12:43

Hi all, sorry for my ascence from the forum for a while. I can now reveal the races any flag colours for the armies, plus the bonus points that each player has at the outset of the campaign. Remember that these points can literally be added to the army list that you have. So if you agree to play a 1000pt game, both you and your opponent can add these points on top, which can be spent on upgrades, extra models to squads etc.

the campaign will FINISH in one of two ways. Firstly it will close on FEBRUARY 1st at which point the players with the most tiles will 'play off; in a number of quarter and semi finals, until we have a clear winner. OR If one player holds 12 tiles-one of which must be a Hive city for a whole campaign turn (which is tuesday to tuesday)

1. I was a little unclear on shield generators last week, basically they just make the tile harder to capture rather than decrease your bonus points

2. I will try and post a Picture but my camera is on the blink. But will try and get someone to bring the map to club on tuesday- and will look into storing it there. I myself will be down on tuesday but will be late due to work. But we can then roll for capture etc as the games will hopefully still be going on then.

3. There are some empty tiles atm. Anyone can try and take one but their opponent will be me Smile

so the players etc are as folloews

Elvis (Chaos) light blue 20pts
Stephane (Guard) Dark Green 22pts
Brenton (Tau) Dark Blue 26pts
Rich (Space Wolves) orange 16pts
Stevo (space Wolves) Brown 10pts
Benji (blood Angels) White 20pts
Tony (Tyranids) purple 20pts
Ryan (Black Templars) grey 32pts
Russ (orks) red 18pts
Aaron (marines) light green 42pts
Ben F (chaos) yellow 22pts

I will stick a key for all the players to the map to make it easy, and recalculate bonus pts each week.

Now all you have to do is pick an opponent, agree a match and points value and get playing.
P.S as I am not partcipating in the campaign is there anyone that would like a small say 1k game this week?, to start after eight.

Steve
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Orc4life 2010-10-18, 00:34

or sounds fun any of the spare tiles got stuff on could do with so more Laughing :twisted#
loh and depending on how quick my game is mite have time 4 ya.

ps could i possibly borrow some of ur planet strike stuff for my match wiv ben on wedensday as we goona make it planet strike Razz
Orc4life
Orc4life
LVL 1 Geek Halfling
LVL 1 Geek Halfling

EXP : 5187

Character sheet
Class: Whiny bitch
Race: Human/Ork/Munter
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmaster Benji 2010-10-19, 10:19

if i can convince my little brother to come along, im sure he can play you, it will just take some blackmail and some slot bases! i have a cunning plan (in the style of baldrik)
Warmaster Benji
Warmaster Benji

EXP : 5484

Character sheet
Class: SPESS MEHREN!
Race: SPESS MEHREN!
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down