Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ork Army Idea

2 posters

Go down

Ork Army Idea Empty Ork Army Idea

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-11-01, 21:58

Aiming for rough 1000 pts

HQ1
Ork Warboss
  • Power Klaw
    Shoota Burna Kombi
    Eavy Armour

HQ2
Big Mek
  • Kustom force field
    Power Klaw
    Eavy Armour

Troop1
Nobz x 5
  • Big Choppa
    Eavy Armour

Troop2
Deffdred
  • 3 CC weapons
    Skorcha

Troop3
Ard Boyz x 12
  • Slugga/choppa

Heavy1
KillaKanz x 3
  • Kustom Mega Blastas

Heavy 2
Battle Wagon
  • Big shoota x 4
    Zzap gun
    Ram

Have to add the points, I think it is quite a balanced team, the basic idea came across a battle against Tom's Dark eldar and they did ok.

Any suggestions?

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6483

Character sheet
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Race: Gwarl
HP:
Ork Army Idea Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Ork Army Idea Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

http://warbunka.com

Back to top Go down

Ork Army Idea Empty Re: Ork Army Idea

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-11-02, 11:04

You're at 860 points.

My first comment is: Hum, you don't have much anti tank. I know that if you get into close combat you can kill vehicules, but well, I'm hoping to kill you before you get into melee. You don't need much more, at the club there's not that many vehicules overall.

Nobz: that's a bastard's trick but every ork have to do it. Give them all different wargear and a Painboy. Mix a Kombi here and there, give a few Power Klaws, maybe a banner or an Ammo runt. The point is that this way you can allocate wounds and have Nobz with 1 wound that still can attack (hope that makes sense)

I like the Battle wagon but have never played against. How do you want to use it ? I ask this because it's not a fast vehicule, if he moves he can only fire one weapon (you bought 5). Is it gonna be anti tank, anti infantry?

I would only have 2 killa kans and have them seperated: it's so easy to kill a squadron now. Only one unit to shoot at and Immobilised results=wrecks.

How are you ganna play ? Ard boys with Mek and Warboss with Nobz ? They both need a transport add some truks maybe with your spare points.

And I think you need more Boyz. You could play a massive horde with power klaw Nobz inside, they could threaten anything. You make them run with truks here to screen and give cover save.

Hope that helps.
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU
LVL 6 Augmented Cyber Goblin

EXP : 6019

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:
Ork Army Idea Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Ork Army Idea Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2010-11-02, 11:49

Cheers for the advice Very Happy

I was thinking of putting the mek with the Killa Kanz, making them obscured, thought about getting the boys in the wagon, smash in, unload then support fire.

Killa Kanz to take out some targets long range, deff dred to support them,

WarBoss and Nobz to take out any biggies, but I think maybe some deffkoptas or wartrakks with rockets might be a good idea?

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6483

Character sheet
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Race: Gwarl
HP:
Ork Army Idea Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Ork Army Idea Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

http://warbunka.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-11-02, 12:56

Oh I didn't realise what a Kustom Mega Blasta was... I thought you were planning to use them for melee support, that's why I was OK with them. But sorry I'm gonna have to be nasty for the Killa Kans then.

24" is not exactly long range and Killa Kans are not really fast. Basically you're gonna move them, eventually hope to be in range of a vehicule by turn 2-3, have a 50% to be able to hit and then use a straight St8 to penetrate the vehicule (no, you're not going to hit side or back armor and most vehicules are AV12 front, AV13 or 14 as you're talking about biggies) that's a 50% chance at best to glance. Sure it's AP1, but sadly I'm ready to bet you won't have time to roll on the damage table... Forget the Kustom mega blasta... Make them anti infantry instead: grotzooka and their CCW are a lot better (Spice Mareens can't hurt them in CC)!

You suggested the Deffkoptas, why not, they're the same amount of points, they are fast, can outflank/scout and have a TWIN LINKED rokkit. They are gonna die the turn after they arrive, but outflanking and being fast you'll get the side armor at worst and should be able to remove the biggies.
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

EXP : 6019

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:
Ork Army Idea Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Ork Army Idea Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down