Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Terran Scapes Gaming Boards

4 posters

Go down

Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Empty Terran Scapes Gaming Boards

Post  IASGATG 2011-01-18, 23:43

Hey guys, I've seen some really nice boards for sale on the internet. The problem is they're quite expensive and shipped from America. As such, even if we use part of the club's funds, we're still gonna need some volunteers to help split the cost. It's sitting at about £300 including shipping. Don't feel remotely pressured or anything and we can vote on the type of board that we want. For my details about the boards, link below.

http://www.terranscapes.com/products/playingsurfaces.php
IASGATG
IASGATG
LVL 3 Dragon Curry Afterburn
LVL 3 Dragon Curry Afterburn

EXP : 5510

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

http://www.catpictures.co/

Back to top Go down

Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Empty Re: Terran Scapes Gaming Boards

Post  Giraffe 2011-01-20, 13:01

How many do you get for £300 sorry?

It would certainly be more convenient to buy them ready made...and they are nice...I would certainly contribute say £30 (although I don't really play 40k) if enough others would match my donation...dont tell the wife.

But I gotta be honest, I reckon within our membership there are the people with the skills to make boards like or better than this at half the price...

I guess It's whether we have enough people with enough time on their hands to make them, given the materials.

I know Steve Smith said he could source 18mm x 6' x 4' Chip even cheaper than the cheapest price I could source (Covers cost price was £8 each last year before the VAT hike)...

I sent an email recently asking for people willing to organise a 40k tourney, part of this would involve sourcing / making battle boards and scenery ...

But this needs to be a consolidated team effort by quite a few (4-5 minimum) club members...

Anyone interested?

Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6437

Character sheet
Class: Ceiling Polisher
Race: Giraffe-Badger Hybrid
HP:
Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

http://www.thrudball.com

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2011-01-20, 16:35

Yes they are nice but stupidly over priced what we need are the right sized boards mine is huge and cost like 17 pound it does not matter what the board looks like thou i am sure with some glue sand and a fair bit of painting and dry brushhing it would look uber, then we need building etc which we can get from gw, if u want it to look good the gw battle boards are half the price and loos better i for one want to save for one and make it a swamp being gray plastic u can do so much more with it so sorry im not gunna waste the money, i will help buy some boards from b & q or put some money in for the gw ones i will even put my talents in to paint texture and make and buy terrain with the promise that ppl TAKE care of them as most of our stuff is bashed up broken or chipped in some way

elvis
syxx
syxx
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 7087

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Giraffe 2011-01-21, 15:14

I think you are right Elvis...but thanks Tom for the effort.

Regardiong damage to our current boards, I'm hoping Steve Smith might also be willing to help us look after our existing battle board stocks...

I think we could really do with some storage shelving that the boards and other stuff all go in, so it's less likely to be damaged? And Steve has got carpentry skills, i believe...

I can probably source some raw wood from old broken pallets at work or something, but haven't got the skills to build shelving alone(I'm a DIY DISASTER!)...but if NS&SC committee agree, and steve could direct a few of us one tuesday evening, I reckon we could organise our storage area to minimise damage. I'll ask for permission to put up a storage unit for boards ETC in my letter to the chairman of the board at their next meeting 9/2, extolling the virtues of tidyness minimising accidents etc.

it seems most gaming clubs have a caretaker who intermittently checks boards scenery etc and repairs and/or discards items. Stephane is our current Caretaker, but only because I made him agree to be a committee member so we fulfilled GCN protocol ZZZzzzz...

We should have a small amount of cash (<=10% of proceeds) to spend on stuff like this end of April, when the majority of our fundraising is donated to the childrens charities, so perhaps then we can invest in a few more boards.

There is also the option of getting more funding from Arun District Council...I've send an email today to Joy Bradbury-Ball at Arun DC to see what our chances of repeat funding is...

But I'm still willing to donate £30 towards battle board making funds, so long as everyone else contributes something too, in proportion to their means... sound fair?

Frank
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2011-01-22, 05:08

i agree but its not just damage they get when we are not there its ppl throwing them back in the boxs etc. the board replacements are a must and should be 1st on the list of things to do this year they are to short and hard to have a gd game sometimes frank think of it this way cut off two rows off a blood bowl pitch ether side, we need at least 3 of the size of the 3 peice board that we have at club as everyone fights over it Smile. i can help if i can
syxx
syxx

EXP : 7087

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  WarBunka-Charlie 2011-01-22, 09:03

I know Covers can be quite nice with wood when it comes to pricing, cutting and all those sorts of bits :-)

WarBunka-Charlie
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6484

Character sheet
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Race: Gwarl
HP:
Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Left_bar_bleue7500/10000Terran Scapes Gaming Boards Empty_bar_bleue  (7500/10000)

http://warbunka.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Giraffe 2011-01-24, 12:37

Elvis, Please remind me to speak to Steve Smith when he's next in and we'll get the ball rolling on this...
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down