Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS

+2
Johnny KTOU
gonetoground
6 posters

Go down

LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-17, 19:38

Ok chaps (and Frances), I will start a 'leader board' of sorts which will periodically get printed out and posted somewhere/sometime at the venue (as well as on the forum). The league will finish at some time near xmas (exact week tba), whereby player with the most points will be crowned 40k league champion! with bragging rights and possibly some kind of crown Wink

Points will be awarded as follows:-

Major victory= 5 points
Minor Victory= 4 points
draw = 3 points
minor loss = 2 points
total loss aka spanked =1 point

whether a loss/win is major or minor depends on the victory conditions being played and the final result. For example in an objective game if there are 5 objectives on the board, and you hold 3 or more then this is considered a major victory. Your opponent would score a minor loss. If, in the same example, you held all five then it would obviously be a major victory to you and a spanking for your opponent.

Kill point missions require you to compare totals, if your have scored more than your opponent then it is a minor victory. If you score twice as many as your opponent then it can be conisdered major.

Obviously if you wipe out your opponent then it is a major victory.

Im aware that some people might wish to play other missions eg from Battle Missions book. They should work out with their opponent at the beginning of the game what victory conditions constitute a major/minor loss/victory.

Only missions player AT the club will count for gaining league points

Games can be of any point value, and still count for league points

It should be noted that players are free to change their armies lists and indeed from orks to eldar or whatever. We are looking for the best player not the best army.

If players wish to play doubles they are free too, with points being awarded to each player in the team. so for example if Steve and Tom score a major victory then they both get 5 points. If players wish to use the rules for doubles teams as posted before then that would probably mean for a fairer game, but I leave that for you to decide

game results can either be posted here, or if Im around handed to me at the end of the evening. I hope to recruit some volunteers to help with this...

clear as mud Laughing

Cheers and may all your dice roll sixes (except leadership tests of course tongue )
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

EXP : 5539

Character sheet
Class: Farseer/warlock/Badger
Race: half-eldar
HP:
LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Left_bar_bleue1000/1000LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

http://wraithsightminis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty Re: LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-07-17, 20:38

Hi, I don't want to spoil that, I'm really happy to start the league, but with this points system, someone that plays lots of games will have more chances to win than someone who can only be there once every two weeks for example... And I'm not that kind of competitive bastard, but nothing forbids me to play 3 games with my 500 points army an evening, earning more points with draws than a 2k game that I won.

I'm sure noone is like that, I'm only mentionning for balance. But if people are fine with that, let's just forget what I said Smile

Oh and Tony, forget what I said, it doesn't matter you don't know the rules yet, this is on, I Will Crush You Twisted Evil
lol!
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU
LVL 6 Augmented Cyber Goblin

EXP : 6019

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:
LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Left_bar_bleue10000/10000LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  gonetoground 2010-07-17, 20:56

Yes I thought someone would mention that. We could leave it as it is -
an attempt to create a fun system. Or if people are really that concerned over what you have said then we could work it out based on a percentage of games played ie points scored Vs games played.

Or we could say that only 1k+ games count. But I didn't really want to suggest that as it may put people off that at present only have small armies

Steve
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

EXP : 5539

Character sheet
Class: Farseer/warlock/Badger
Race: half-eldar
HP:
LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Left_bar_bleue1000/1000LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

http://wraithsightminis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjagosplat 2010-07-18, 15:25

nooooooo not 1k only games i dont think i can manage a 1k army even with a chaos sorceror whom i might add is one expensive s.o.b
Razz
but yh im up for a league sounds great
but i dont expect to be at the top/middle and hopefully i should have a nid army to change to at some point too Very Happy
Ninjagosplat
Ninjagosplat
LVL 4 Thrudd's Balls
LVL 4 Thrudd's Balls

EXP : 5732

Character sheet
Class: The Generic but opinionated
Race: Gamer
HP:
LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Left_bar_bleue10000/10000LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Warmaster Benji 2010-07-19, 18:38

your sorcerer is not expensive for what he has the potential to do, hes just never ever reached the potential! lol! dont forget to buy some nurgle bikers t4(6) ^^ yummy rotting nasties!
Warmaster Benji
Warmaster Benji
LVL 3 Dragon Curry Afterburn
LVL 3 Dragon Curry Afterburn

EXP : 5484

Character sheet
Class: SPESS MEHREN!
Race: SPESS MEHREN!
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjagosplat 2010-07-19, 21:07

u forget i only have one biker Sad
Ninjagosplat
Ninjagosplat
LVL 4 Thrudd's Balls
LVL 4 Thrudd's Balls

EXP : 5732

Character sheet
Class: The Generic but opinionated
Race: Gamer
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny KTOU 2010-07-21, 05:01

Our game: Tom/IASGATG playing dark eldar against Tony playing choas and me, tyranids. Nearly all board cleared up, only were left 1 Dark eldar, my hive tyrant, and actually quite a lot of Tony's, whole marine squad plus lord.

Games was 5 objectives.

As Tom had first turn and quite a lot of firepower, so we left everything in reserve/deep strike/outflanking, game only started turn 2 then Laughing Jetbikes came on our right flank, wyches down the center and 2 of his warriors units stayed on the left flank. Predator comes in, shoots a couple of bikes, berserker run like idiots down center to get some objectives. Mycetic spore deepstrikes, zoanthropes get out and blast a whole squad to bits, they leave the battlefield crying. Entire squad of gargoyles deep strikes, amazing demonstration of firepower, killing... nothing...

Next turn see the jet bikes charging the predator, stunning him, wyches get in close combat with the berserkers and gives them a nice book: "Hitting for dummies" Luckily the berserker are fearless, don't run away and get even more wouds Rolling Eyes Jet bikes get charged in return, combat finishing on a draw. Termagants come in with the tyrant and charge the wyches that are still explaining the rules of russian roulette with a gatling to the berserkers... After an epic combat between the Hive Tyrant, his Termagants bodyguards and the unit left of Berserkers, another loss Crying or Very sad (It's not like we're playing close combat armies...) Well still fearless, take more wounds, leaving only the hive tyrant and the wyches.

Three more turns of killing later (including a unit of Haemonculus on jetbikes whipped to death by a big immobile egg shaped transport, and a gigantic Trygon shot to pieces after coming out of his hole) the poor Archon decides to charge the last unit of marines that holds one objective and dies of overdose before the combat even starts. Tyrant tries a lucky shot accross the board, manages to kill the transport that kills the whole squad inside (well one left), losing their only objective.

Result is a minor loss for Tom (0 objectives) and a minor win for us (1 objective).

Thanks guys, was a nice game !
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU

EXP : 6019

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:

Back to top Go down

LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty God damn D eldar

Post  Orc4life 2010-07-28, 10:43

right elvis and myself (russ) started of trying to shoot lots and take out the god damn floaty things got a 1 down and a couple imobilized, unfortunately in toms turn they came flying around and then that god damn TALOS wonders over and engages my killa kans for the next 4 turns. while this happen over the next few turn we me and elvis spent time trying to take out vehicles and any troops that came about while this happen tom snuck round killed my troops on the objective then attcked the killa kans (yes talos still hadnt killed them) thus mean he had the advantage but in last throws of the game we managed to make it so he were'nt holding that and the same happend at our end basicly we all failed to do the simple job of standing still lol! What a Face but in 2 weeks i will destroy that god damn talos and the witch's if its the last thing i do mwahahahahahahaha Evil or Very Mad Mad
Orc4life
Orc4life
LVL 1 Geek Halfling
LVL 1 Geek Halfling

EXP : 5187

Character sheet
Class: Whiny bitch
Race: Human/Ork/Munter
HP:

Back to top Go down

LEAGUE RULES AND IDEAS Empty league results rich vs tony

Post  Commissar Dick 2010-07-28, 11:01

my first league game

we played a capture and control game with spearhead rules, cant remember who had first turn buti started by moving my tank in range of his troop choice holding his objective but didnt manage to kill any unfortunatly. He moved his transport and tank out towards me but luckily only managed to kill one guardsman I then retaliated by immobilising his transport with my sentinal and getting a penatrating hit with my tank on his, although only managed crew shaken. Next turn tony could do nothing but try to repair his transport but failed the in my next turn destroyed his tank and his transport unfortunatly all its passengers surived (shame) and not a lot else happened and ended in a draw.
Commissar Dick
Commissar Dick
LVL 2 Ogre Breath
LVL 2 Ogre Breath

EXP : 5242

Character sheet
Class: moustache
Race: handlebar
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down