Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Idea for firestorm campaign

2 posters

Go down

Idea for firestorm campaign  Empty Idea for firestorm campaign

Post  BDA 2013-10-22, 13:12

Ok a little idea I had for a firestorm campaign.

First, even number of players per side for starters.

Each player gets 1000 points for a starter fleet and the fleet will have to adhere to its limitations (so no more than 40% on battle ships and so on) with a max of one dreadnought (ever, so if it gets blown up that is it no more)

For each territory they hold they can get X points and certain territory’s might have destructible facilities that grant bonuses such as asteroid mining facilities for extra points, space docks for repair  and building new ships. If they get destroyed then that sector no longer grants that bonus to either side (though the home world always has repair and build facilities).

Now the tricky part. You can purchase new ships but have to wait for them to get built. (this is determined by the number of HP the ship has.) or you can pay twice as much and call a ship in from another region if you don’t want to wait that long. You must try and keep the limits where you can. So no more than 60% of your entire fleet can be small craft for example.

When it comes to moving fleets and having battles then there is no limit on the composition of the fleet. So you could attack one sector with just a dreadnought if you wish and another with 10 squadrons of frigates or just through everything you have at one.

Ships stay damaged till they get to a system with a repair station where they have to stay for a turn to get fixed up.

The overall idea is that instead of charging in with the entire fleet (though you can if you wish) you will scout out your opponents defences and then attack in force. Smaller ships will be important in scouting and patrolling while the bigger ships get dedicated to the fight when they needed.
There is a curtain amount of fun with the fact you don’t know where the other players dreadnought is until you stumble across it and once reviled you can try and hunt it down.

I have a copy of the firestorm sector map and I should be able to edit it and apply fleet location and such and update it and paste it new into a dedicated thread.
Will have a play and come up with an example of what an active campaign map might look like.

Have a think and let me know what you think. still more of the detailed stuff to consider.
BDA
BDA
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 5927

Back to top Go down

Idea for firestorm campaign  Empty Re: Idea for firestorm campaign

Post  BDA 2013-10-25, 13:33

Idea for firestorm campaign  Test_m10

been playing around with making a star map for a firestorm campaign system.
Need to apply some sort of sector indicator for locations to attack as well as a system for owners and facilitys in system
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2013-11-07, 13:07

Idea for firestorm campaign  Test_m11

Ok so this is a snapshot of how I imaging a campaign might look part way though.

Green and red denote factions while yellow hex denote it is neutral system or recourse and will only be usable so long as a faction has a fleet hex parked next to the system.
The systems hex have a leader line coming off to for the systems names but I have not put any names on there at the moment.
More colours can be added if needs be for more factions.

Factions are further broken down by race shown as emblems in the fleet hex. Fleets also have a small back box coming off the side of the hex showing the fleets number.
You can use any number combination to recognise your fleets and keep track of the ships in it.

At the beginning of a campaign turn we all get together and decide as factions what systems we wish to move to. I will update the map on the forum and any systems with ship in from different factions have to duke it out or run off if they are to out gunned. The defender if there is one will hold on to the system if they win or draw and the attacker only gets it if they win.
Attack then one side has to win.

Other details such as damage ships in the next game and recourses are still being worked on lol
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-01-10, 13:25

Slight change of tack with the campaign map.

Thought I would put in paths that the ships have to follow to take star systems to make it a little more tactical.

Idea for firestorm campaign  Test_m12
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  RemoteRyan 2014-01-11, 18:38

Makes sense as the fluff part of the valhalla boxed set mentioned jump becons of some sort. Ill bribg the book on tuesday if your down if you want a read through?
RemoteRyan
RemoteRyan
LVL 2 Ogre Breath
LVL 2 Ogre Breath

EXP : 5332

Character sheet
Class: Lazy Bugger
Race: Human/Wookie Hybrid
HP:
Idea for firestorm campaign  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Idea for firestorm campaign  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-01-13, 09:25

that would be cool but no idea if i will be in or not thanks to the crumy weather and train system
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  RemoteRyan 2014-01-13, 15:43

Also more evidence seems theirs jump gates coming out as objectives this year
RemoteRyan
RemoteRyan
LVL 2 Ogre Breath
LVL 2 Ogre Breath

EXP : 5332

Character sheet
Class: Lazy Bugger
Race: Human/Wookie Hybrid
HP:
Idea for firestorm campaign  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Idea for firestorm campaign  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2014-01-13, 15:47

lol yep i noticed that two and is one of the reasons i did it  Very Happy 
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content