Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant)

3 posters

Go down

Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Empty Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant)

Post  gonetoground 2011-05-25, 22:04

Greetings all. I would like for a moment to tell you a story, bear with me now this does have a point. About *cough* 24 years ago a freshed faced youth wandered into his local newsagent with the intention of buying some sweets or something, instead he walked out with issue 102 of white dwarf magazine as the cover looked cool. Now at the venerable (compared to most of you Very Happy) age of 34 ive been involved in some fashion with the GW hobby ever since-and even worked for them for a time. Now to the point..

Despite all this time (and money) I have invested in this hobby and the many and varied changes over the years I have remained a steadfast supporter of this company. However in recent times I have seen a steady decline in their interest in the customer, the hobby-white dwarf is a catalogue full of adverts, and above all the huge and simply nonsensical price hikes. which for those that may not know is set to go up again in June. It is with a heavy (honestly) heart that I feel they have gone too far, our fellow gamers accross the seas have to pay an even greater price for these models and with GWs trend of increasing the number of models required in an army its gonna get worse.

Now im not about to jack in GW-lord knows Ive invested enough in it over the years, but I am NOT going to give them any more money if I can help it.
I would also like to say that that fresh faced youth in me would likely be a different man without them, I have meet many friends through the hobby over the years- I dont want GW to go under you understand just to be burnt enough to sit up and listen. In addition I feel it is time they listened to their customers as they are in danger (ironically) of pricing themselves out of the very market they created!

to this end there exist a FB boycott of all GW products (FW excepted) for the month of June

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121383037944349

I have signed up. The wife is happy lol- she is now going shopping.
This is just my opinion you understand, I dont wish for anyone to do this unless they feel the same. But for the freshed face youths of yesterday and most importantly tommorow, lets keep corporate greed out of wargaming...

Im off to buy warmachine..

I apologise for the rant...

steve
gonetoground
gonetoground
Admin
Admin

EXP : 5552

Character sheet
Class: Farseer/warlock/Badger
Race: half-eldar
HP:
Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

http://wraithsightminis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Empty Re: Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant)

Post  Giraffe 2011-05-26, 12:50

You've got a point Steve...

I wouldn't mind so much if they bothered to justify where their price increases were coming from, in terms that someone without an accounting degree could understand...

But I fear GW will not change until you need a predator load of expensivium to pay for a goblin, which would mean finding the squats who disappeared from the 40k universe with all of it, i.e. an exec finally gets sacked for lost sales - and they finally notice no one can afford the hobby any more! What GW needs is a Gaming Exec who actually wants to please his customers as much as his shareholders...

Oops, I'm ranting my personal opinion too ...and I play bloodbowl mainly as I've NEVER been able to afford GW...
Very Happy
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6449

Character sheet
Class: Ceiling Polisher
Race: Giraffe-Badger Hybrid
HP:
Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

http://www.thrudball.com

Back to top Go down

Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Empty Re: Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant)

Post  Johnny KTOU 2011-05-26, 21:51

With you Steve. As you said about overseas, they've been paying nearly twice as much as we do for the same product in their stores. To make things even worse, GW just forbid all the discount online game stores like Wayland to stop selling their products to Australia for example, which means these countries have to pain the full awful price that GW gives.

Finecast miniatures have been planned for ages; not to improve the hobby, not to give you the best miniatures ever, this is not a revolution (so many companies already use resin): the whole point was cutting costs as the price of metal has gone through the roof.

That would have been a perfect way to advertise it, they swap to resin, better quality, they cut their costs down, everyone's happy... But they add a huge price hike (some products get +20%).

All of us love GW's products and games, but this is not news we're not even customers for them, we're wallets...
Johnny KTOU
Johnny KTOU
LVL 6 Augmented Cyber Goblin
LVL 6 Augmented Cyber Goblin

EXP : 6032

Character sheet
Class: Mankini Wearer
Race: Human
HP:
Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Games Workshop and me- a story through time (rant) Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Giraffe 2011-05-27, 08:29

that would make a good shirt, a GW logo wallet with a big red Cross on it...

lets protest!!!
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6449

Character sheet
Class: Ceiling Polisher
Race: Giraffe-Badger Hybrid
HP:

http://www.thrudball.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down