Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August

3 posters

Go down

BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August Empty BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August

Post  Giraffe 2012-06-01, 00:52

::Ok guys, theres only 10 weeks till thrudball now and I'm more or less on track; I already have an assistant ref, Al Wetherall AKA Lunchmoney so Score etc will be a breeze this year.. but I do need help on the following things:
Roster Checkers Hoping Mike and Garry can do this as last year.
Campsite Marshall hoping Ben Day might be able to do this, provided he's not working.

Sumo Challenges:
I need someone who can run this for me during the saturday, as I'll be busy reffing and organising merchandise sales
They would have be there all day saturday from 10:45am-9:15pm;
They would have to listen to the representative from Jumping Jacks (the hire people) whilst they explain the health and safety stuff;
they'd be responsible for organising and promoting sumo challenges during the first three matches,
(I now have a drum we could use to whip up some sumo excitement)
taking the £5 entry fee and peoples names into the contest, handing out chicken hats to cowards,
arranging the fights within the breaks between rounds of bloodbowl and the evening,
recording the knockout round results, any byes, quarter / semi final and the final of the contest. I

deally we could do with a team of two, so you could help people into and out of the suits.
I'll bring some old towels the punters can use to keep the suits clean if they get a bit sweaty.
I don't see sweat mopping as your responsibility. Our target is 20 people to participate, and more than that and we make money for the charity.

Giraffe Cabaret:
I need four BRGANS who can help with evening entertainment between 10:15 and 11:15PM. You need a little rhythm and a LOT of Courage! You are tasked with helping me come up with old lady costumes, zimmer frames(I can possibly get a wheelchair and a wheeled walker etc for a dance routine to the pussy cat dolls Dontcha song;
I need to find someone who is brave enough to learn an alternative rap to the one Busta Rhymes does in the song, it's all written but can any of you rap?
I need to choreograph a guy going round farting to music (the muppet show's "Sax and Violence" - I'll explain later, we need some fish wire and a few props. , blowing newspapers, playing cards etc out of the other entertainers hands, hats off heads, whatever we can come up with that will make people laugh.
You would need to be able to make three practise sessions preferably on tuesdays at the club to practise.
Plus I'll do my "I can't play bloodbowl song, possibly to live guitar by a talented chap called Toney Windley.
Or perhaps not, if I don't have any help....PLEASE HELP MY FELLOW BRGANS. I will buy you all a few Dutch Courages if you help, plus if it doesn't fall flat on it's face you'll be Bloodbowl LEGENDS!!

Please post here if you can help.
Thrud needs YOU!!!
Frank
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

EXP : 6456

Character sheet
Class: Ceiling Polisher
Race: Giraffe-Badger Hybrid
HP:
BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August Left_bar_bleue10000/10000BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

http://www.thrudball.com

Back to top Go down

BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August Empty Re: BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August

Post  wolfie ate one 2012-06-01, 02:36

Hey frank trying to book off holiday at that time and would be glad to help out with reffing rosters or just whatever . But I'm not singing affraid

Also planning a few trips to Portsmouth GW before then so give me some flyers and will try to stir up some interest there (maybe donations for the auction aswell with a little luck)

Lastly think I want one of them BRGA shirts if possible? Price?

scratch Omaybe also consider warhammer fantasy or 40 k tourny for next year, can make more money for charity and think we have the people at the club who could make it happen.

Aaron/wolfie ate one Razz

wolfie ate one
LVL 1 Geek Halfling
LVL 1 Geek Halfling

EXP : 4434

Back to top Go down

BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August Empty Re: BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August

Post  Giraffe 2012-06-01, 06:15

Aaron,
The cabaret helpers don't have to sing, just be willing to act the fool! (Well, I need one that can Rap too I 'spose...).

Would you be there in the evening? And have you got the guts to help with the cabaret?

Or do you think you could help run the King of Sumo?

Would appreciate any help you can give. Please let me know the moment you've definately got the weekend off.

If you do, are you playing, by the way? Will need help scrounging from any GW Stores BRGAN's visit in the next 6 weeks, but you need an LOA to prove you're not a conman and a letter form me saying you're a BRGAN. Need more sets of painted scenery & boards before we attempt a 40k / warhammer tourney, but in a few years it's a goal I hope BRGA could achieve...

See the post on BRGA shirts below, trying to keep this post Just for Thrudball help.

BRGA Shirts
Frank
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August Left_bar_bleue10000/10000BRGAN Helpers for Thrudball required 10th-12th August Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2012-06-01, 08:10

Not to mention we need more people knowing the rules rule before we do any fantasy tourneys and with 6th ed 40k out in the matter of months we need time to get to grips with the rules for that. Not to mention chris is already running a gr8 40k tourney at the moment ok we've raised no money but still.
syxx
syxx
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 7106

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Giraffe 2012-06-01, 08:33

Elvis,
I think you said you were DEFINATELY coming to thrudball, is that right?

And I think I asked if you'd be our official "David Bailey", seeing as you know how to use a camera (the Sarcos pics I took of the team you're painting are ok, but you did a much better job the week before...I'm old, my hands shake too much!)

I'd give you some stuff we'd definately want you to photo, but also you'd have free reign to snap anything you thought was funny / ncie...

On the same subject, are any BRGANs good with a Video camera?

I should be able to borrow one of these from work and have the manual, but I need a super8 type amateur film maker dude who could capture some of the Sumo and some evening entertainment...

TO ALL BRGANS who are more of less certain you're coming to Thrudball: Please can you get at least your deposits in, as this funds the Merchandise and pays the prelim costs (mainly the catering). Plus a list of who is in would be nice, please post here.

cheers chaps.
Giraffe
Giraffe
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2012-06-01, 12:51

Ill be there can help anyway I can
syxx
syxx

EXP : 7106

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down