Warbunka - BRGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Affiliates
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 108 on 2019-05-14, 20:53
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Regis Campaign Apocalypse day

+7
Giraffe
eviljimsmonkey
40k-all-the-way
TheRedRat
Ninjagosplat
Psychozero1
syxx
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what Sunday in July can you do and all day or part day

Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap18%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap5%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap27%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap9%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap14%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap5%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap18%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_lcap4%Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Empty Regis Campaign Apocalypse day

Post  BDA 2015-04-01, 12:44

Ok chaps as I brought up at the AGM last night I would like to run an Apocalypse day in July to mark the end of the campaign.
This thread is to work out the best day in that month to have one as well as getting a basic idea of how much people have to bring to the table.
Don’t want to set too much in stone as people will no doubt change faction and that before then but let’s get the ball rolling Smile

It will be held on the 12th of July and hopefully be fought over a 24’x4’ table with defenders holding the middle of the table.

I want to see warmachines striding, grinding and gliding across the table, I want to see hordes or infantry swarming, charging across the table, massive tank battles and the general feel of the end of the world battle sort of thing. Smile

Thanks to Jim coming to the rescue we got the use of an all-girls school over in Chichester and we can start as early as we want. Still need to have a think about times and brakes so will post that when I know more but get there for 8:00 and start play at 9:30 with a little luck and us all working together.

If you can’t make it at the very start then you can still take part as a sort of reserve element so long as we have an equal number of people for each side and you will be limited in points.

We get to use the school for free thanks to Jim but I am thinking of putting a charge to play in to encourage people to turn up once paid and to raise money for club.

I am thinking £10 for all days and £5 for part day players please post what you think.

Also if you can give an idea of the sort of points you can bring to the table and the number of superheavy’s you can muster as well. (not the type just if you have them or not) and then we can start to shape things up a bit.

Please remember we are very lucky to get to use this school for our game for free and it is Thanks to Jim. Please act respectfully (when non clube members are around) and leave the place in good shape………… cos we might want to do this next year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so I have been reading the apocalypse rules and it states you don’t need to worry about points if you don’t want to and you can use everything in your collection so Tony could use his nids and his guard together if he wanted to. the only real limits are you can only have 1 of each unique character and units must be armed with what they got.
However it does state that the game organiser (in this case me)  can set limits for themed games and it is a good idea to have a idea of the points for each side.

so seeing as this apocalypse day is based around the campaign I would like to stick to a theme.
In this case I can see Orks and chaos teaming up on the same side vs Imperium with Eldar and necrons  fitting in where needs be.

As it is Apocalypse I guess we can have Unique characters but I ask to be limited to one per player and if you want to use the same as someone else then you wil have to sort it out between you before the game. you can also use relics but again no two people can use the same one so please sort that out with people in your faction.

That said this is all very much up in the air cos if we don’t get more people to take part I don’t really see this happening.

Ok so the plan is. (and this is a very basic plan and depended on people getting there bottoms in gear)

8:00 meet outside the Newtown

9:00 get to the school and start setup.

10:00 get the game rolling (round 1)

12:30 first brake (for lunch)

1:30 round 2

3:30 second brake(just a quick one)

4:00 round 3

6.30 brake for dinner

7:30 round 4

9:30 end game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
trying to keep a running tally of points per person per faction

imperial: ]11.5k] [5 super heavies]
Ryan [psychozero1] 4K (confirmed for the 12th)
Stephen [grey master] 5K [grey knights/imp knights][5 super heavies] (confirmed for the 12th)
James [eviljimsmonkey] 2.5K dark angles (confirmed for the 12th)

chaos/orks: ]5-6k] [1 super heavy]
Kyle [theredrat] 3-4k [1 super heavy] (confirmed for the 12th)
Adam [apacheflame] 2k (confirmed for the 12th)

eldar: ]5k] [4 super heavies]
Alex [BDA] 5k [up to 4 super heavies] (confirmed for the 12th)

Last edited by BDA on 2015-06-11, 12:42; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : updates)
BDA
BDA
LVL 7 Mobile Armoured Dice Factory

EXP : 5905

Back to top Go down

Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Empty Re: Regis Campaign Apocalypse day

Post  BDA 2015-04-01, 12:46

ok to get things rolling I got over 20,000 points of Eldar to use with 2 super heavies,

and no I won’t be using all of it lol Smile
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-04-01, 16:57

Any Sunday is fine for me
syxx
syxx

EXP : 7086

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-01, 18:33

Groovy, any idea of points?
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-04-01, 21:10

Steal some bits off tony around 3-4k
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-01, 21:36

Groovy that is a really good start ☺
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychozero1 2015-04-03, 18:53

Yes up for that and any day ok but can I field dark angels and blood angels together to give me 3 -4k. Hope to have a couple of storm ravens by then.
Psychozero1
Psychozero1
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 3409

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninjagosplat 2015-04-03, 19:15

Well I got tyranids or IG about 2k of each i think
Ninjagosplat
Ninjagosplat
LVL 4 Thrudd's Balls
LVL 4 Thrudd's Balls

EXP : 5732

Character sheet
Class: The Generic but opinionated
Race: Gamer
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-03, 23:17

You can take just about whatever you got in a apocalypse game Smile.

Please use the poll buttons to show days as it iww help a lot to go be a easy indexation of numbers and date Smile
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-07, 12:45

Ok chaps so far we have 3 people who can make the 12th with 2-4k worth of points

This is not all that apocalyptic is it lol

Come on chaps let’s get some more responses
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  syxx 2015-04-07, 13:56

As I said already I voted but every Sunday is good my day off
syxx
syxx

Character sheet
Class:
Race:
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-07, 14:12

your a good man Elvis and thanks for the vote Smile
it is the rest of them that i was speaking to Wink
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedRat 2015-04-07, 14:19

As I suspect I'll be dying soon and making a new avatar/ picking a new army, I should be able to technically do about 3k points, maybe 4k at a stretch. And any day's fine with me so long as I know in advance, as I should be done with exams by then haha.

TheRedRat
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 3943

Character sheet
Class: Lurker
Race: Numpty
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-07, 14:50

sweet thanks man good to know.
building up the points.
can you please vote kyle just so i dont forget to add you at the end.

once we have a good idea of points and factions we can start to plan a little better Smile
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-08, 12:38

Ok I am trying to keep a running tally of numbers for each faction and player on the first post in blue.

I am hoping for a few more people but looks like we got 4 people good for the 12th so that is a start.

I should think we can get some more imperial players but I was hoping for some more chaos and Ork players, that reminds me Kyle are your points for imperial or ork and how many super heavy’s would you be able to bring?

See if you can borrow stuff and talk others into taking part. You don’t have to have played in the campaign to play in the apocalypse day as I don’t want to restrict people.

Need to think up some games so if you have any ideas let us know.
Was thinking that if your avatar gets killed it could be worth 1VP and if they are killed by another Avatar that side gets 2VP.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedRat 2015-04-08, 12:41

The only real big thing I have in my collection in general is the Stompa, but as for more points wise, I could do Chaos with fallen Dark Angels/ cultist guard to make up more points.

TheRedRat
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-08, 13:19

good to know Kyle but i was wondering for what faction the points you already stated where for, is it Ork or imperial?
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedRat 2015-04-08, 13:25

It's neither haha. Like I stated above, I've got stuff I can use as chaos, as well as normal chaos models as well, which should easily get to over 3000 points.

TheRedRat
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

Character sheet
HP:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-08, 13:39

lol nice i will amend that.
would you be willing to lend or Orks to one of the Ork players if they take part?
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-10, 12:44

Ok so I have been reading the apocalypse rules and it states you don’t need to worry about points if you don’t want to and you can use everything in your collection so Tony could use his nids and his guard together if he wanted to. the only real limits are you can only have 1 of each unique character and units must be armed with what they got.
However it does state that the game organiser (in this case me)  can set limits for themed games and it is a good idea to have a idea of the points for each side.

so seeing as this apocalypse day is based around the campaign I would like to stick to a theme.
In this case I can see Orks and chaos teaming up on the same side vs Imperium with Eldar and necrons  fitting in where needs be.

As it is Apocalypse I guess we can have Unique characters but I ask to be limited to one per player and if you want to use the same as someone else then you wil have to sort it out between you before the game. you can also use relics but again no two people can use the same one so please sort that out with people in your faction.

That said this is all very much up in the air cos if we don’t get more people to take part I don’t really see this happening.
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  40k-all-the-way 2015-04-16, 23:58

I can make either 5th or 19th have voted for the 5th as its sooner lol. I can make 4000k of necrons Alex. Cannot do 12that all as working all day

40k-all-the-way
NOOBIE
NOOBIE

EXP : 4088

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-17, 06:53

Thanks for voting man, it is good to get an idea for dates. I got a number of ideas for games to boot that I will boss up soon for people to comment on
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-17, 12:42

Ok so I have had an idea for a game on the apocalypse day.

In short it is basically a mission to take the bridge with the tables set up in a H pattern with the middle table making up the bridge. A big bridge but all more more important.

the mission is to take the bridge and the side that destroys it loses otherwise it is the side that gets the most objective points that wins.

The bridge is AV 14 and has 24 damage points. it cannot be targeting directly but blast weapons will auto hit it when targeting units on the bridge as well as if it scatters. this should prevent to many destroyer weapons going crazy but normal weapons should take a while to kill it.

Also thinking of creating some pot noodle defence towers……… time is a factor so don’t know if this will happen but I can imagine it looking very cool with a strong of these across the table.
Regis Campaign Apocalypse day  2015-010
Any other fun game setups you can think of then let me know

Would love to do a breaching of a city wall but like I said time is a factor.

You all have the link to get a copy of the apocalypse rulebooks so please take some time to read them as you will be kicking yourself if you don’t trust me lol.

And big this up to others at club. At the moment we don’t really have enough people to make this all that effective I feel and we need more people.

And at the end of the day if people can’t get their butts onto the forum for a few moments to vote and give me a little bit of information to organise this thing then I am sure as hell not going to rely on them finding the time to turn up with all the stuff you need to play apocalypse lol
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-22, 12:53

Ok so I have contacted a few friends who might be able to bulk out the numbers just need to wait back and hear from them about dates and points. Smile
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  BDA 2015-04-24, 23:12

ok so the cunning plan for a 4'x24 gaming table.

the simple idea is to have the middle 12' act as a the defenders deployment zone holding out a city of some sort.
the 6' either side will be deployment zones for for the attacking factions.
we need to wait for points and players to come in but the current idea is to have it as imperial and eldar holding the city with necrons attacking from one side and chaos/orks attacking from the other end. things might swap around depending on factions involved.

in practice it will play as two 4'x12' tables that interact with both tables having 6 objectives but units and shots can travel between if you have range.

defenders can not deploy anything after the game starts unless it is via deep strike or flank march to show they are cut off. while the attacker can call on reserves as normal.
give us some feed back chaps Smile
BDA
BDA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next